channel list in Recording Service not the same as in Viewer

aydin1954

When I want to set a timer in Recording Service, I cannot see some channels that are present in DVBViewer.

My understanding is that Recording Services takes the channel list from DVBViewer so this is a bit surprising and the question is how can I fix this? Thanks.

Use the channel list editor in DVBViewer for the comparison. And restart the RS (to make sure that the RS has the current list).

Maybe I did not explain myself properly.... so some images here is how it is in DVBViewer:

yb64.jpg

Notice two instances of the channel in question one in stereo one in AC3 Surround.

Now here in RS:

i6jq.jpg

only one instance of the channel the AC3 Surround one.... the stereo one is missing.

Actually this is on one machine on another is the exact opposite and actually is that one I want to fix as I do not want to record the stereo one but the AC3 one.

thanks I did try it, did exit RS then did drag and drop to change it and clicked apply. Did turn off and back on DVBViewer to verify that the change stayed:

7d99.jpg

Restarted DS but unfortunately it did not pick up the change...

a4cm.jpg

any idea?

Edited by aydin1954

.... and the answer is : reboot your computer! LOL

the usual IT mantra : did you turn it off and back on?

But I wish there was another way to force a refresh in RS.

that I did not try but I did try to fully exit it and then restart it and that did not work. And isn't that more radical?

No. You have to stop the Recoding Service process (DVBVservice.exe) not the try-utility (DVBVCtrl.exe).

The try-utility is a way for user interaction with the Service process. And not really necessary.

You can stop the try-utility, but still use the RS e.g. use the web interface or run recordings or use a DVBViewer client.

http://de.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Service_Control (Germen)