Decode multiple encrypted channels with one CAM?

RenkliArif

Hello all,

Is it possible to decode and record multiple encrypted channels on the same TP with one CAM? Currently, when I record one channel the other channels are automatically unselectable. I know that some standalone receivers can do this so maybe this could also be done within DVBViewer.

Depends on the DVB card you use and whether the DVBViewer supports MultiPID for it. Furthermore it also depends on the CAM and the SmartCard/CAS.

With Digital Devices it is even possible to descramble multiple channels on different transponders in parallel with only one CAM.

Hey CiNcH,

I didn't know this was hardware dependant, that's why I didn't mention my hardware.

I am using a TechnoTrend S2-3650 CI with a DSmart (Videoguard) CAM. Since DVBViewer disables tuning the other channels I guess this is not possible, if not...are there any USB devices with CI that do?

Thanks in advance :)

There was a Test in DVBViewer Pro 3.6.3.xx Beta

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/18924-DVBViewer-pro-363xx-beta/?hl=multipid

But each time you add or remove a channel you get errors in all other recordings. That is the main reason why it is not possible. Digital Devices handle that in the driver. So they can avoid that.

And the number of PIDs a CAM can decrypt is limited. But the software cant detect the limit.

http://support.digital-devices.de/knowledgebase.php?article=20

And the number of PIDs necessary for a recording can differ from 2 to 5/6 (multiple audio subtitles) per channel.

So it can happen that you can record on time 2 channels without problems. And the next time you get only video on the second channel.

And that is hard to support. Because most users wouldn't understand the limitations.

Oh....That's unfortunate :(

I know that this module in particular supports at least 4 PIDs (tested in a normal receiver) but if its unsupported there is nothing to do =)

And if I understand correctly Digital Devices is the only company that supports this feature? If I would get that I would need this and this\ which is kind of expensive (for now...) Are there any USB alternatives for this? I would need to build a new PC for this as I have no more free space left inside my case :(

Edited by RenkliArif

I know that this module in particular supports at least 4 PIDs (tested in a normal receiver) but if its unsupported there is nothing to do =)

4PIDs would allow at most 2 different programs (2x video and 2x audio). It should be more, or you don't mean PID which is the packet identifier of a single elementary stream ;)

The normal way would be to use DD hardware, though for normal CI-hardware there is a MULTIPID tweak that is not officially supported because short interruptions can occur when a 2nd or 3rd program is added or closed. Just add this line to your device in the hardware.xml (and svchardware.xml if you are using the RS).

<entry name="MultiPID">1</entry>