Loud beep - Can I switch it off?

klausb

On my machine the beep sound appears to be very loud, when I press the "Send to PVR" button in the EPG window.

Is there a way to disable the beep notification?

Regards,

klaus.

Hmm - seems the beeps are directed to the system PC speaker. I've found no way to control its loudness via "Sounds & Audio Devices" on my PC.

It may be different on your PC, however. Here's something from the web:

Most sound cards have the facility to control the system PC Speaker. First connect the speaker to the sound card (instead of the Mainboard) and adjust it via the control panel... "Sounds & Audio Devices"/Options/Properties and in the "Adjust volume for", select "Play Back"(in the "Show volume controls"), Check the box for "PC Speaker" or something similar (depends on your sound card). If the option "PC Speaker" or similar is not available then your sound card probably doesn't support it.

Anyway - I think those beeps should be kicked. At least in the DVBViewer Pro, since the Recorder Window popping up on "Send To PVR" is enough to signal that something has happened. I'll propose that to our head programmer....