Problem with Digital Devices

McenterFreak

I have just bought the following items:

Digital Devices Cine S2 (Dual Tuner, PCI Express)

Digital Devices Duo Flex S2 (Dual Tuner, connected to Cine S2)

Digital Devices CI (Common Interface)

All three devices has the power connector installed

I am receiving Canal Digital from Thor (0.8W). Original Paycard, Conax.

I use a separate server with Recording Service (support server.zip is from this server, Win 8)

My client (support.zip is from client, Win 7) uses Recording Service on the Server.

Before I installed my new Digital Devices, I used two Digital Everywhere Floppy/FireDTV tuners. It worked fine. Channel shifts was without problems. Only reason to change, is that these devices often stops working, then I need to buy new, used devices. I used SmartWii to share my Paycard to my two tuners.

Now channel shift doesn't work. Some times I get subtitles, but no pictures. Then if I exit DVBViewer, and start it again, it is sometimes possible to watch the channel.

I have enabled the CAM in Digital Devices tool, and I can view the CAM Menu from DVBViewer on the Server, but everything is now very unstable.

In my old configuration, I had to uncheck Open Whole Transponder, but with the new tuners this option is checked, and it is not possible to uncheck it

I have installed latest (2.4.2.70 x86) drivers from Digital Devices.

Since I was just in contact with a DD programmer I mentioned this case, and there are two advices for you:

- It may be a CI problem. Check it without CI, best with TransEdit.

- Open a ticket on support.digital-devices.de to get help. AFAIK they use TeamViewer for support, if necessary, which already solved some problems that were reported here at first.

I did open a ticket yesterday at DD, but they suggest to change something with PCI timing on the MB. I couldn't find the entries they suggested, so I have sent some screenshot's from my BIOS. Right now I wait for their reply.

Something I forgot:

In my old configuration, I had to uncheck Open Whole Transponder, but with the new tuners this option is checked, and it is not possible to uncheck it

The Cine S2 doesn't support hardware PID filtering. Usually it's not necessary anymore with up-to-date hardware, particularly in condsideration of the PCIe capabilities. However, the Recording Service applies software PID filtering on network streaming

Did you perform a test with the TransEdit Analyzer on the server? That is the first thing I would do in case of such issues.

Something I forgot:

The Cine S2 doesn't support hardware PID filtering. Usually it's not necessary anymore with up-to-date hardware, particularly in condsideration of the PCIe capabilities. However, the Recording Service applies software PID filtering on network streaming

Did you perform a test with the TransEdit Analyzer on the server? That is the first thing I would do in case of such issues.

Could that be the problem? Maybe the CAM is to slow to handle the Whole Transponder, or does it only handle the current channels?

I didn't have time to perform the Analyzer, yet. I will do that tomorrow (I'm not very familiar with TransEdit. Need to learn it :book: )

I'm not very familiar with TransEdit. Need to learn it

It's easy. Read the ReadMe, follow the installation instructions, launch TransEdit, select the Thor transponder list on the left side of the main window, select a transponder on the right side, click Analyze. The Analyzer will show you all streams that are broadcasted on the transponder (provided it can be received properly), the overall data rate, how many data packets got lost etc. More about it here.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same configuration of HW.

My problem is, that sound drops out for 2 seconds randomly every 10-20 minutes.

Edited by NuClear235

Update:

Digital Devices advised me to change my CA module to this: http://shop.digital-devices.de/epages/62357162.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62357162/Products/095015

Seems to me that it solved the problem. It has been working from yesterday, until now:-)

I still have one problem: When I change channel on my Recording Service server, some noise is generated to my Quad LNB, resulting in some disturbance (pixelation or dropouts) in my Set Top Box (Canal Digital Entertain Mini)