No hardware available

enricob

Hi,

DVBViewer has been working for months but suddenly it does not work no more, black screen and "no hardware available" message every time it starts, every time I try another channel.

Support.zip file attached.

• exact TV-card modell and useed driver version

Terratec T6

Cinergy HT PCI

• type and chipset of the mainboard

Asus p5q deluxe

Chipset Intel P45/ICH10R

• graphics card and useed driver version

ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

Thank you,

Enrico

support.zip

Edited by enricob
but suddenly it does not work no more

What did you change?

Your setup doesn't look correct. You have installed the Recording Service, but DVBViewer is not configured accordingly.

I didn't change anything in DVBViewer.

Last days I've just installed and uninstalled some other softwares.

Could it be related to DVBViewer problems?

Anyway, no changes in DVBViewer.

How to correct DVBViewer setup and configuration ?

Thank you

Enrico

I need Recording service. Recording service has always been there without problems.

Should I try to uninstall and then install again Recording service ?

Thank you.

Enrico

In DVBViewer Options-Hardware, set all 3 tuners to "do not use" and create 3 Unicast devices of the type "Terrestrial". In Options - Recording service, test the connection.

Thank you QBox User.

I've set all 3 tuners to "do not use" but, I'm sorry, I don't understand what does "create 3 Unicast devices of the type "Terrestrial" mean. How to do it ?

Thank you.

Enrico

In Options-Hardware, click on the button marked "+" - this lets you create the virtual devices that connect to the Recording Service hardware. Set Unicast to "3" and click "OK".

The new virtual devices will appear in the hardware list. Click on each in turn, select type "Terrestrial" and state "Normal", then click "Settings" and enter the host address for the Recording Service (127.0.0.1 or "localhost" if it's the same machine).

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Unicast_Network_Device

In Options-Recording Service (last Option in list), make sure the host address is set: 127.0.0.1:8089 if on the same machine.

[Latest version has a drop-down list to "Select a Recording Servce" - that may enter address automatically]

Click on "Test Connection". If it's working, you should see the Service name, version and host.

Make sure "Download channel list on start" is checked, then restart DVBViewer Pro.

If still not working, post another support file.

Still not working.

New support file is too big for attaching: "Error This file was too big to upload".

Should I delete something in support.zip?

Thank you very much.

Enrico

"AllocateHardware Open failed" suggests to me the Recording Service is not finding the tuner, even though all 3 are detected on start-up. I wonder if the first tuner selected is faulty (Cinergy?). You could disable tuners in the Recording Service set-up, leaving only one working at a time, to see if this is a specific hardware fault.

I don't know if all hardware drivers now work OK in Windows 8. You said they were working before, right?

• 2 weeks later...
"AllocateHardware Open failed" suggests to me the Recording Service is not finding the tuner

It means initializing the device has failed because some BDA or DirectShow related call returned an error code. Most likely something unhealthy is happening outside DVBViewer.

It means initializing the device has failed because some BDA or DirectShow related call returned an error code. Most likely something unhealthy is happening outside DVBViewer.

Something to do ?

How to fix the problem ?

Thank you

Enrico

Maybe some other software has the tuner locked. Windows Media Centre? MediaPortal? Those two in particular lock tuners even when they don't seem to be running so that DVBViewer can't access them. I bet there are others too though.

Maybe some other software has the tuner locked. Windows Media Centre? MediaPortal? Those two in particular lock tuners even when they don't seem to be running so that DVBViewer can't access them. I bet there are others too though.

The problem might be related to installing and uninstalling process of some video capture software (Camstudio and Debut).

I've just installed these softwares again but nothing has changed.

Debut software doesn't find any video capture devices on my computer.

Install TransEdit (download from the members area, read the ReadMe, manual) on the PC where your DVB hardware is and check if scanning works.

Scanning doesn't work: "Sorry - there is no matching DVB device for this trasponderlist".

Anyway, all devices are listed in TransEdit > Settings > Hardware.

Thank you.

Enrico

Try the attached test version. Store TransEdit_Test.exe in the DVBViewer installation folder (where DVBViewer.exe is). Some functions are not available, but it provides extended logging.

First check if the devices on Settings -> Hardware are displayed in red or in black. Red means "not available" because they are not connected or deactivated in the device manager.

If the devices are displayed in black, try to scan. After closing the test version, a log can be found in the configuration folder (see Info Menu in TransEdit) as TransEdit_Test.txt. Please attach the file here.

TransEdit_4_0_3_4_Test.zip

Try the attached test version. Store TransEdit_Test.exe in the DVBViewer installation folder (where DVBViewer.exe is). Some functions are not available, but it provides extended logging.

First check if the devices on Settings -> Hardware are displayed in red or in black. Red means "not available" because they are not connected or deactivated in the device manager.

If the devices are displayed in black, try to scan. After closing the test version, a log can be found in the configuration folder (see Info Menu in TransEdit) as TransEdit_Test.txt. Please attach the file here.

Hardware devices are displayed in black.

Scanning doesn't work: "Sorry - there is no matching DVB device for this trasponderlist".

TransEdit_Test.txt attached.

Thank you.

Enrico

TransEdit_Test.txt

Of course you must select a suitable DVB-T (terrestrial) transponder list on the left side, because you only have DVB-T devices.

Of course you must select a suitable DVB-T (terrestrial) transponder list on the left side, because you only have DVB-T devices.

I've selected DVB-T Europe Terrestrial on left side but scanning doesn't work: "Sorry - there is no (free) DVB device available for this action".

New TransEdit_Test.txt attached.

Thank you.

Enrico

TransEdit_Test.txt

"Sorry - there is no (free) DVB device available for this action".

This means, the devices are set to "Don't use", or the devices are no available (displayed in red), or occupied by other DVBViewer software (Recording Service or DVBViewer), or a combination of these reasons.

Stop the Recording Service, close DVBViewer if it is running, and try again...

This means, the devices are set to "Don't use", or the devices are no available (displayed in red), or occupied by other DVBViewer software (Recording Service or DVBViewer), or a combination of these reasons.

Stop the Recording Service, close DVBViewer if it is running, and try again...

devices are available (displayed in black) and set to "normal", and other DVBViewer softwares (Recording Service or DVBViewer) have been stopped and closed.

I've selected DVB-T Europe Terrestrial on left side but scanning doesn't work: "Sorry - there is no (free) DVB device available for this action".

New TransEdit_Test.txt attached.

Thank you.

Enrico

TransEdit_Test.txt

• 2 weeks later...