Stream stops after random number of hours

Sebouh

Hi.

I'm running v1.26.0.0 of RS on one computer and ffmpeg on another. I'm using ffmpeg to re-stream the RS HTTP stream to a remote Flash Media Server.

The problem I'm having is that after a random number of hours I find ffmpeg has stopped with the following error:

ffmpeg.png

I am pretty new to using RS, but I have a hunch that the error has something to do with RS and not ffmpeg.

I've attached the RS log file. I'm hoping someone can tell me what exactly the problem is. ffmpeg stopped streaming at about 16:41. The log shows something for that hour but I'm not sure what it means.

This happens sometimes after 30 mins, other times after 24+ hrs.

The tuner I'm using is TBS 6984 Quad DVBS/S2.

I'm running RS on a Windows 7 (64 bit) machine, and ffmpeg on a server running Windows Server 2008.

The ffmpeg command is:

ffmpeg -i http://10.10.30.35:7522/upnp/channelstream/3680.ts

Appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,
Sebouh

svcdebug.log

Edited by Sebouh

packet size mismatch is an error that also TS Doctor gives when scanning recordings with discontinuities in them. I suspect that a discontinuity happened and therefore ffmepg could dencode the stream correctly (which is what it says in the log) and then stops receiving and encoding also. Maybe there are parameters to ffmep to make it more fault tolerant?

The discontinuity theory also fits your "random number of hours" observation. Discontinuities can happen every few hours... You can try to check your reception and stuff.. but usually you can't prevent them 100%.

Edited by Moses

Thanks for your input.

Unfortunately I haven't found anything useful regarding handling discontinuity from within ffmpeg. I'll see if I can find a workaround to this problem.