streaming HD video - AV sync issue

xtonys

Hi

When I stream SD 4:3 anamorphic content to my Sony SMP-N200 media player, it plays fine - live tv or recorded.

When I stream HD 16:9 content to my player, the AV sync is way out. The AV sync on the Sony cannot compensate for this.

I also notice the Sony thinks its playing MPEG2 576 content, even though its HD .TS H264.

Any ideas?

Same channels and recorded content play fine with DVBViewer on my TV (apart from Channel 4 HD having a slight AV sync issue).

Is this some limitation of the Sony devices?

I had a look at the supplied Tweakers - Is there a way to force content to play as .TS files? The Sony can handle these files.

gigabyte switch, cat5 cable throughout the house

DVBViewer - 5.2.7

Recording Service - 1.2.6

Win7-64

Processor - AMD Phenom II (X4) 975 - 3.60Ghz

RAM - 4gb

NVidia GeForce GT430

Where can I download the support tool exe? It would be good to include as part of standard installations.

hi svcdebug.bak with 400k

i noticed attached ffmpeg.ini didnt contain 1920x1080 - not sure why. i tried adding - see what happened.

live tv - ts to mpeg conversion is unticked and the sony lists channels as m2ts

but still issue with h.264 hd channels and recorded tv

thanks for any help

tony

support.zip

ffmpegprefs.ini

hi

as an update, live tv m2ts works fine. recorded m2ts works fine. sony tries to show recorded hd files as mpeg. hd live tv picture is better since adding to ffmpegprefs.ini - or seems that way. uses AVC at 6-8mbps. but no ac3 audio. on bbc1 hd (nar) there is delayed audio. maybe the sonys are struggling to cope with full hd and ac3 audio? if so, can something be adjusted or is there a better streamer out there that can handle hd tv?

when i had an issue playing m4a files to the sony, i had to create a mime m4a = mp3 in svchardware.xml.

so does that mean another mime is needed to ensure H.246 AVC stays as this and not get converted to mpeg (if this is whats happening here?)?

hi

if anyone can help get this fixed, that would be great....

I can stream HD content to my LG TV over DLNA link fine, AV sync is fine.

- Would the LG use a different profile to the Sony box in upnpprofiesv2.xml?

Fixed the 576i video - Sony box was set to automatic video output detect after being tested on another screen. Its now set at 720p.

Reverted the ffmpegprefs.ini back to original, as it broke new recordings.

Noticed the Sony player does two things incorrectly...

- H.264 TS files are shown as MPEG, not even M2TS - this is for recorded and live tv.

- there is no alternative audio tracks available, even though these are recorded. seems to prefer MPEG NAR channel over AC3 channel. So get narration for visually impaired and no option to switch to AC3.

- the audio is maybe 0.5+ seconds behind the HD video. Is the H264 content being sent within an MPEG wrapper, so gets reported as MPEG?

As the LG works fine, could it be a setting in the profile the sony player uses? set the default track, and correct AV sync issues.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried a new samsung UE22F5410 smart TV on same cat5 cable as the Sony.

recorded HD works with almost no noticeable AV sync issue - same as my LG smart TV

live SD tv is fine. live HD tv still has AV sync issue...

not sure if this is an encoding issue or hard drive buffer maybe?