Combining DVBViewer Pro with Recording Server and Local Tuner

bccrew

Hello,

I have been struggling for a while to get something to work but i'm not even sure if this can work with DVBViewer Pro.

I have a small atom pc which has 3 USB dvb-c tuners. They are running DVBViewer Recording Service.

In my living room I also have a HTPC with a DVBViewer pro license which connects to the Recording Service. So there is no local dvb-c tuner visible in the DVBViewer settings, only the 2 Network tuners. But I also have a local dvb-s2 tuner (FloppyDTV S2) that is linked to my satellite.

Whenever I import a channel list of the Satellite in the Channel Editor, I can use the list to watch TV. But as soon as I close DVBViewer Pro and open it again. The imported list of the DVB-S channels is gone. Only the channels of the Recording Service are still there.

Thanks for your advise

You have two options:

1. Disable the option to download channellist from Recording Service in DVBViewer (in DVBViewer => Options => Recording Service tab). Then you have to manually also care for the DVB-C channellist on your HTPC. Especially if you send timers to the RS, you should be sure that both lists are as equal as possible.

2. Copy the channellist with DVB-S channels in there to the Recording Service. (channels.dat or so in configuration folder)