crashes upon loading

subminiature

I was working through the manual on how to set up scheduler. When I closed DVBViewer it encountered a problem.

Since then it crashes shortly after displaying the last selected channel before the crash. I rebooted and the same happens.

Event logger reports mheg5.dll

Faulting application name: DVBViewer.exe, version: 5.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x2a425e19
Faulting module name: mheg5.dll, version: 1.0.0.7, time stamp: 0x4dc6ff42
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003c89d
Faulting process id: 0xd9c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cea1facae1f260
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\mheg5.dll
Report Id: 0f5803fa-0dee-11e3-9ea9-00224da6b662

and then
Faulting application name: DVBViewer.exe, version: 5.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x2a425e19
Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 1.1025.607.0, time stamp: 0x4f99a15e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001b590c
Faulting process id: 0xaa4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cea1fafb32f88d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\libcef.dll
Report Id: 42cc4eea-0dee-11e3-9ea9-00224da6b662

I don't seem to get any updated logs from the programme and I thought I had ticked logging.

Other than a complete uninstall and clean out all directories and the register any suggestion of how to proceed?

Thanks.

I found a comment about a safe mode, but couldn't find a list of parameter choices.

I ran DVBViewer with a -c parameter. I can now get the chance to select a channel as long as it is not the channel that was open when it crashed or even the same channel at it's second position on the channel list (channel is Drama on Freeview). All other channels seem okay.

Found another Freeview channel that crashes DVBViewer - both display in EPG No information available.

With other channels, that are currently closed down, it freeze the previous channel's image then crashes.

As the channels are no longer "closed" or displaying in EPG "No information available" they are working fine.

This does seem to be a bug for Freeview at least.