Problems with wiewing comes and go..

Stroker

Have been using recordingservice now for som years and somethings recently have happened that I cant get to work.

Have som questions just to try to check if its the way it it supposed to be.

1. I have swedish canal digital from satellite and recently bought a tbs quad card to use together witm my Hauppagge 4000 card (one Terrestialpart and one sattelite S2 part) and my firedtv S2. I then set all my clients, tvo HTPC:s - one in the livingroom and one in my sleepingroom - one Raspberry PI for my camper and tre more PC:s for the kids) with 8 unicast, six for the sattelite cards and two for t cards (have a USB stick to for my terrestialchannels i forget to write). Isnt it enough give each client two unicasts?. One for terestial and one for satellite is the firtst question?

Second question- Have never got into what all the channelsgroups are for. Is it better to have all sattelitechannels on A fx and all terrestials an B or?

Since Im swedish my english isnt the best and some parts are hard to translate in my head sometimes.

Isnt it enough give each client two unicasts?. One for terestial and one for satellite is the firtst question?

Yes, two would be enough. Or you can setup 4, that is what I did. Then you also can use Picture in Picture with two terestrial or satellit channels. But as long as the RS is handling recordings, the clients only need two (or 4 if you care a lot for PiP) devices.

Second question- Have never got into what all the channelsgroups are for. Is it better to have all sattelitechannels on A fx and all terrestials an B or?

Nope. The channel groups can be used to differentiate channels from the same technique. So terestrial and satellite are always distinguished by their hardware type. But if you have different satellite dishes receiving channels from different satellites you can put the channels from one sat int group A and the ones from the other satellite into B and tell DVBViewer/RS which dish your DVB-S hardware is connected to. Similar with Pay-TV. You can put your Pay-TV channels into one group and activate that only for the hardware that contains your abo card.

In the most cases you don't need to care for the channel groups.

• 1 month later...