DVBV rendering problem

Tony

Hi,

Problem: after the start of the DVBViewer the station tunes, but the picture and sound is very stutters.

The PC is an nettop Asrock Ion 330 and is used virtually only for recording. DVBViewer and Recording Service worked without problems up to version 5.2.1. After you install the DVBViewer 5.2.7 including HbbTV + MHEG5 there is a problem with the rendering.

I uninstalled the MHEG5, the problem persists.
I decided that for the DVBViewer 5.27 the Asrock is not enough its performance. Recording Service worked correctly, so I ignored the problem (Asrock is used only for recording).

After about a week I completely uninstalled DVBV 5.2.7 and I installed version 5.2.1, the problem persists.
I have uninstalled DVBV 5.2.1 and installed the version 4.9.x, essentially the same problem: DVBV starts, 1 to 2 seconds of image and sound is fine, then starts to jam any more. Like the some rest of the MHEG5 influenced running the DVBViewer (stupid idea)…

I tried MS WMC, here everything is OK. Displayed direct stream from RS is also fine. Of course, I tried changing the renderers used decoders.

I again uninstalled all (I used Advanced Uninstaller Pro and some registry cleaner) and I installed the DVBViewer 5.2.7 (without MHEG5) and Recording Service 1.26.
The problem persists, the RS function fine. I have no problem reinstalling the system on this computer, but where is the problem?

Support.zip attached.

support.zip

I upgraded DVBV 2.2.7 to version 5.2.8, again without MGEG5 engine. The problem with rendering persists.

Again, after you start the DVBViewer is rendering without problems for about 2 seconds, then it starts to shutter the image and sound.

The initial trouble-free time is comparable with the start time of the HbbTV on another computer.

I do not know what is the MHEG5 engine, but I've tried to search for expressions HbbTV and MHEG5 in Registry Editor.

HbbTV expression was searched, found IhbbTV or IHbbTV

four times in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\ (...)

five times in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Interface\ ...

MHEG5 expression was searched, found

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\StreamGuru.MHEG5 (Default) REG_SZ Fast Addition Algorithm

I gather that the HbbTV/MHEG5 engine cannot be completely uninstalled. I don't know whether the remnants of this engine in the registry associated with the disorder, but many rendering it.

I don't know how to continue...

EDIT>

Hmm, I had to check the registers at version 4.9 or 5.1.

Please recommend me more to search for causes of the problém...

Edited by Tony

Any advice?

I repeat, with version 5.1 (or 5.0?) was rendering OK, after you install version 5.2.7 there is a problem. Downgrade to version 4.9 the problem not eliminated, now with versions 5.2.8.1 the problem persists.

I also tried an older version of PushSource (3.7.0), same problem. DVB Source 3.7.1.0 in addition to other abnormalities reported

Last Error: Graph too late (3.7.0 too).

I've had a (very) fast look into your support's files and noticed "custom Renderers" enabled ("Settings / Options / DirectX" window):

have you already tried to switch that off? You can also try to switch off W7 "Aero"...

...don't mess whith other settings: if the problem is rendering AND you have a good reception, you have to look only in "DirectX" options, or maybe on installed codecs (but remeber: dont'use "Codec Pacs", they can upset the entire DirectX chain)...

:bye:

Edited by Gioxy

No I don't use CodecPacks!

Set up is to Use Custom Renderers (EVR Custom Video Renderer). After the start DVBViewer is rendering a few seconds OK, then the image almost freezes and the sound disappears.

Quite exceptionally, after a few minutes of rendering completely restored! I can't reproduce this condition. (Graph is still too late)

If you Use Custom Renderers is disposed of, then when you use VMR9 Video Mixing Renderer is sometimes completely restores the rendering, sometimes only the sound, sometimes nothing ...

Edited by Tony

Please try this:

- "Use Custom Renderers" = unchecked (off)

- (same window, tab "DVBViewer Filter") TV/Radio PreFormat Detection = both "Audio" and "Video" box checked (on)

whenever DVBViever has rendering problem use "View \ Rebuild Graph" and report here how many time it took to refresh the video window respect the type of channel you tuned on (if SD or HD)

:bye:

Please try this:

- "Use Custom Renderers" = unchecked (off)

This, of course, I tried to, see my previous post

- (same window, tab "DVBViewer Filter") TV/Radio PreFormat Detection = both "Audio" and "Video" box checked (on)

Both Audio & Video checked without noticeable effect

whenever DVBViever has rendering problem use "View \ Rebuild Graph" and report here how many time it took to refresh the video window respect the type of channel you tuned on (if SD or HD)

Rebuild grapf – no effect. Interval cannot be unambiguously determined because it is not possible to define the end of the event, but the order of 2-3 seconds

Edited by Tony

My other findings:

If I run the Prewiew (PIP), then there is the rendering of the Main Window and the Prewiew immediately right!

Can I switch the main window on another channel, I can switch between Main Window and Prewiew, still OK. Can I turn off the Prewiew, the rendering of Main Window still OK.

When you switch to a different channel problem occurs.

It is irrelevant whether the DirectX>Picture in Picture>Use VMR9 Renderer is checked or not…

:shocked:

I got the (good) idea and I wanted to verify it.

I woke up the computer from hibernate and the rendering was perfect, but for the change did not go sound… :wub:

After restarting the computer the image and sound in the right, setting of decoders and the renderer remain the same…

The lesson: do not use imitation of the computer (Asrock Atom Ion 330 has also other flaws), even if it has to serve only one purpose...

:sadwalk:

I apologize to all...

Edited by Tony

I was unable to determine the specific cause for this problem, the problem itself has passed away. I installed MHEG5 and I can say that even in this "computer" works HbbTV reliably.