No Video/audio

Empzurg

Recently got myself a Skystar 2 USB HD and sucessfully managed to get it up and running with DVBViewer. I thought I'd just try out another program as well though and went for progdvb. I installed it but it wouldn't display any channel or scan for new ones, so I thought let's just stick with DVBViewer. Uninstalled Progdvb and switched back to DVBViewer but now no picture or sound. Channels show a decent signal strength but just no pic, also I am no longer to detect any channels when running a scan.

So I start trying various options to remedy this, so far I have uninstalled/reinstalled DVBViewer, uninstalled/reinstalled Skystar + drivers, installed drivers from both Technisat site and via Windows detecting device, even done a system restore point. But the problem still exist, I also tried SmartDVB that shows good signal strenght but when scans it finds nothing.

This is starting to drive me a little crazy, I'm guessing the problem isn't necessarily a DVBViewer issue but hopefully somebody here could help.

support.zip

Hello,

can you record with DVBViewer? If yes it could be a problem with the codecs. I think DVBViewer doesn't need codecs to record but to show.

I know that Progdvb uses a Codec that works for trial free an installs this. Then it changes the system to this codec. After deinstalling Progdvb this codec could be missing.

You can check this with Radlight filter manager and change the default codec. You can download it from the members page (look at: http://de.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Radlight_Filter_Manager, sorry no english version in the Wiki).

With many greetings and good luck

Webturtle

OK this sounds like a good option, but what codec am I actually looking for that progdvb may have uninstalled?

Just tested the Skystar on another PC and working OK, so now at least I know it's definatly a software issue.

Hello,

the codec installed by ProgDVB is on my Computer "Elecard". Newer versions of this codec show after a couple of minutes a message like this: Trial Verson of Elecard. This message was shown not only with ProgDVB but also with other programs like TV software that came with the hardware. The Elecard Codec had been given a very high merrit. I have reduced it with the Radlight filter manager to a normal merrit under the merrit of the normally used codec. I havent't deinstalled ProgDVB because it doesn't need much space and it doesn't disturbs the DVBViewer if it isn't used.

Many greetings

Webturtle

Edited by Webturtle