DVBSky S950 (S952) and motor setup

szimat

Hi,

The sat equipment is finally mounted, and my DVBSky S950 card is on its way to me. I went with the single tuner version and not the S952 since I do not need the second tuner at all. The two cards should be completely identical, except the number of tuners onboard.

I did not find too much information here about these DVBSky cards, and based on the post I read, it is a very good an reliable card.

I have some questions, and I was hoping you can help me:

1) is the DVBSky S950 card officially supported?

2) I wonder of you could help me with a step-by-step guide how to properly setup motor for this card, as I have a motorized dish, and the motor supports USALS and GoToX diseqc protocols.

I read the TransEdit page, but I'm not sure what to enter where, so just a quick guide would be excellent!

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

GotoX and USALS both correspond to the TransEdit "Angular pos." option in the DiSEqC drop-down box. Choose this for each satellite you want to scan.

Enter your location in the Positioner Console under "Site Data", then you can click on "Go to Angular Pos." to move the dish. Keep the Console open while you Analyze a transponder, then you can adjust position left/right in small steps to get maximum signal quality. If the dish is correctly aligned, you should only need to do this for weaker satellites. At the maximum point, you can "Store preset" under the selected number. You can then change the DiSEqC option for the satellite to "Preset Pos,"

Your motor will come with some pre-set numbers for popular satellites. You don't need to stay with this, but it can help if you need to reset the motor, otherwise you would need to store each position again.

Don't forget to click "Apply" after each change, and to Save the satellite settings.

If the motor doesn't respond to commands, there may be a timing problem that requires repetition of the command, or use of "Extended" DiSEqC option. Come back if you need help with that.

• Like 1

GotoX and USALS both correspond to the TransEdit "Angular pos." option in the DiSEqC drop-down box. Choose this for each satellite you want to scan.

Enter your location in the Positioner Console under "Site Data", then you can click on "Go to Angular Pos." to move the dish. Keep the Console open while you Analyze a transponder, then you can adjust position left/right in small steps to get maximum signal quality. If the dish is correctly aligned, you should only need to do this for weaker satellites. At the maximum point, you can "Store preset" under the selected number. You can then change the DiSEqC option for the satellite to "Preset Pos,"

Your motor will come with some pre-set numbers for popular satellites. You don't need to stay with this, but it can help if you need to reset the motor, otherwise you would need to store each position again.

Don't forget to click "Apply" after each change, and to Save the satellite settings.

If the motor doesn't respond to commands, there may be a timing problem that requires repetition of the command, or use of "Extended" DiSEqC option. Come back if you need help with that.

Many thanks for this explanation. This means that USALS and motor movement is possible. I believe the DVBSky card uses Hauppauge diseqc commands, so I believe it is supported by DVBViewer.

Is there a trial version where I can try this out to see if DVBViewer supports my card for USALS or not?