Memory Leakage doesn't go away through the v.4.9 - 5.2 for Win XP

ttovtt

Memory leakage problem didn't go away for Win XP x64 SP2 (when switching channels or changing settings) for tested DVBViewer versions in range v.4.9 - 5.2. DVB-S2 card is PCI TwinHan 1041 (AzureWave SP-400) with most recent drivers I was able to find from 07.2010: v.1.1.2.700.

The problem description briefly: In about 15 min, all of my 4 Gb of physical memory is filled up (if switching from channel to channel once in about 1-2 min) and Windows hangs up in heavy swapping mode.

Originally I have to blame codecs since, memory is not released when DVBViewer is closed (OS restart is needed). However, recently I have installed wide set of various codecs. And it didn't affect the problem in any way.

Required sys info extraction file is attached as well as some screenshots from SysIntenal util-s.

support.zip

post-140369-0-25211000-1379973731_thumb.png

post-140369-0-96581800-1379973770_thumb.png

Edited by ttovtt

The corresponding (to the screen-shot) zipped .mmp file created by the aforementioned VMMap utility didn't have luck to be attached (due to the limitation on the original total attachments size "You have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments") and I do not see any way to attach it in any other follow up message, unfortunately. :(

It shouldn't provide too much DB-info, but just time-line of the problem accumulation.

Edited by ttovtt

I advise against clicking the download link above. I've never seen a site that is spamming the PC with such a lot of popups and ads.

DVBViewer is not tested under Windows XP x64, so (in contrast to XP 32 Bit) it must be regarded as unsupported. The issue can't be reproduced under Windows 7 x64. Sorry, no better news...

I advise against clicking the download link above. I've never seen a site that is spamming the PC with such a lot of popups and ads.

The free file hosting site used (totally randomly selected) is as the majority of the others. If you see this as a problem, then, I think, it should be local to mention somewhere in the forum header what 3d party sites are recommended for the purpose, as well as what is the original cause of the problem - why the total size for ALL allowed attachments for all posts (notably, bug reports) of a user is limited at about 1 Mb?

DVBViewer is not tested under Windows XP x64, so (in contrast to XP 32 Bit) it must be regarded as unsupported. The issue can't be reproduced under Windows 7 x64. Sorry, no better news...

Sad to acknowledge this, taking into account that when I was buying both DVB HW and DVB SW in 2008/9, I wasn't able to predict that HW developer will not want supporting Win7 x64 in future and SW developer - Win XP x64 Pro (Srv 2003 x64).

By the way, I was never able and still cannot find anywhere in DVBViewer doc-s/help/manuals/Wikis/readmes any list of supported OS.

According to my original tests in 2009, DVBViewer was performing a bit better for Win XP x32/x64 than the rivals.

It's a pity to understand that I did my original selection wrongly.

Thank you.

Edited by ttovtt