EPG not filling from Clear QAM signal.

jhorne12

Hi,

I am in the US and on Comcast cable. I am using SiliconDust HDHomerun tuners and running DVBViewer Pro 5.2.8 on Windows XP. I have attached the support file as well as file with screen shots of the EPG window and a Transedit analyzer window showing that EPG data is in the stream. The EPG fills fine if I use an antenna for OTA ATSC signals. But when I go through cable for the Clear QAM signal, the EPG doesn't get filled. This was already like this with version 5.2.7. Let me know what other information I can gather to help diagnose this problem.

Thanks,

Jim

support.zip

EPG_not_populating_from_QAM.zip

Please check in the DVBViewer Channellist Editor the value in the "Network ID" input field (actually the Source ID in case of ATSC) of the affected channels. Does it equal the SourceID value displayed by the TransEdit Analyzer for this channel?

If not, please correct it, click apply, re-tune the channel and see if the EPG shows up.

Did you scan the Clear QAM channels with TransEdit and export them to DVBViewer? Looks like current TransEdit versions don't assign the Source ID correctly to scan results. However, DVBViewer needs it for linking EPG data to channels.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow response.

The Network ID is '0' on all the channels of my list. I changed them to match the Transedit Source ID and that populated the EPG after I bounced to another frequency and back. The channels in my DVBViewer list were all generated from a DVBViewer scan. I didn't export them from Transedit. So somehow the Network ID field is not getting filled during a DVBViewer scan.

Sorry for the slow response.

We take our time :)

The Network ID is '0' on all the channels of my list. (...) The channels in my DVBViewer list were all generated from a DVBViewer scan.

I guess you didn't get channel names, but only "Service xxx" entries, right?

There is a bug in DVBViewer Pro. It prevents the scanner from reading the CVCT (Cable Virtual Channel Table), that contains the channel names and the Source IDs (appearing as "Network ID" in the UI). It will be fixed in the next release.

The TransEdit bug mentioned above will also be fixed.

Yeah... slow but steady. :D

You're right... the names were only filled with Service ID numbers. Sounds like you have it figured out. Now if I could only get Comcast to put extended descriptions in the stream.... oh well.

Thanks for all the good work.