Win 8.1 & RS problem

Hi,

I have a small problem...

PC (192.168.0.108) Win 8 Pro 64bit, installed DVBViewer Pro (8.2.1) + HbbTV/MHEG5 & DVBV Recording Service 1.27.

Scheduling recordings from another pc (192.198.0.126) in the home network through a Web interface (192.168.0.108:8089), everything is working satisfactorily.

After upgrade the Win 8 to Win 8.1 once again working to the satisfaction of all with one exception:

I can't connect to the Web interface of the Recording Service (127.0.0.1:8089) on this pc, and even from the RS icon in the trace or by typing the IP into your Web browser (Web page not found).

From the second computer (192.168.0.126:8089) to the Web interface I connect without a problem. I connect to the Web interface on another computer (192.168.1.126: 8089) wthout problém too.

I have this pc less than a month and work with Win 8 out of checks, I'm not saying that I have a RS always correctly set.

Support.zip attached

support.zip

Edited by Tony

Firewall is OK, I think... Both, DVBV and RS, TCP and UDP is enabled in local network.

PS

Right now I'm checking the support, and I can see that I'm a windbag :original: . On this pc I haven‘t the latest version of the RS and MHEG5, sorry

Edited by Tony

I took advantage of the time and installed the RS 1.27, the status is the same.

Repairing your query. Error message is not Page not found but it is This page can not be displayed.

You open the cmd shell and then could you give me a ping (of the server adress) vasili? One Ping Only - Sorry i'd swear to myself to write this one day ;)

Do you get an answer and if so is the port 8090 used for the web? You might see this in the service log.

I don't understand much of the query (When I went to school, I was taught Russian, not English) and I'm not vasili.

Ping 127.0.0.1 is OK without packet loss, 0 ms.

Ping to 192.168.0.128 unreachable

Computer ports, I don't understand too much, I don't know how and where to search. I used a program cports. Port 8090 is listening and uses it the System.

Recording Service has its own "firewall". If 127.0.0.1 has been entered in Options-Web/uPNP-Webserver-Do NOT use, then it will be blocked on the local machine.

OK QBox User, it is useful information, but the field for IP is empty...

Win 8 everything was functional

Win 8.1 This page can not be displayed (it is translation from czech localization, not english terminology...) - from local pc only

Fair enough. I recall making that mistake when first setting up RS.

There's a few early reports on line about Win 8.1 blocking operation of firewalls e.g.

http://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/is-cis-not-yet-compatible-with-win-81-t96257.0.html

with an explanation of how to fix the problem. It might have been fixed in updates by now. The obvious check would be to disable the firewall.

This issue seems very similar to what you describe:

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/72793-plex-server-not-working-after-upgrade-to-windows-81/#entry427189

There's a couple of fixes in the thread - use "localhost" as address or add 127.0.0.1 to Trusted Sites (if using IE).

Hi Christian & QBox User,

- windows firewall settings is OK

- turn off the firewall without any effect, the problem persists

- all the related ports (8089, 8090) are open (CurPorts v1.87)

- set the "firewall" in the Recording Service is OK

- in the windows registry, although I can search and edited, but if I don't know the result, I'm not going to experiment (the link from QBox User)

- the IE 11 security settings "localhost" as address or add 127.0.0.1 to Trusted without an effect. Access from a remote computer is possible, access from the local computer is prevented? It doesn't make sense…

- the problem is between the chair and computer, or there is a problem in the Win8 or RS? So far, I have no idea ...

- When I was a teenager, we listened to the Radio Luxemburg, Marylin Monroe was at the peak of his fame, started with the Beatles. Captain Vasili Borodin I don't know, with Agent 007 I met up in recent years…

- scheduling of recordings, performing through the Web interface from the host (remote) computer, so this feature from the local computer, in fact I don't need…

Retiree

Edited by Tony

buttonsNI. As I write above, RS fully functional, but the only access to the Web interface from a remote computer (in the same local network)

Clearly, I understand. I am glad that this is not just my problem, that the problem is not between the Chair and computer. And vice versa, I'm lucky that I can enter into the RS from another computer.

If you have the option, try to access to the RS from another computer on your home network.

It appears that the issue is to do with "Enhanced Protected Mode" in IE11 which disables application access to the loopback address. This link gives an explanation:

Understanding Enhanced Protected Mode

Read the part headed "Loop-back blocked"

A search finds plenty of other users with the same issue.

http://localhost:8089/

or use another browser.

This is not really a DVBViewer Pro issue, but developers might want to take account of it.

I had the same Problem.

The reason, I think, is the Enhanced Protected Mode of the IE, which is enabled per default since the Windows update.

I solved it by adding the webserver address 127.0.0.1 to the sites of the Local Intranet in the IE Options.

(Internetoptionen -> Sicherheit -> Lokales Intranet -> Sites -> Erweitert)

Now it is working fine.

huecky,

This I tried, without result. I guess I made a mistake when you write and draw the wrong conclusion.

Problem solved, thanks to all for your cooperation.

Retiree

I have the same problem. I tried to seek where to put this "http..." but not found.

Could you, huecky, describe more in detail how can I find this "Lokales internet".

Maybe take some thumbnails where to find it, because I have Finnish OS. :unsure:

Now I have found that "Lokales Internet". But the suggested modification didn't help.

Now I am still confused but on a higher level :mad:

Edited by Mikko-vaari

Most problems with Windows 8.1 are caused by Internet Explorer 11. It refuses to open the RS web interface due to the Enhanced Protected Mode that is enabled by default. Read more about the details here.

The Enhanced Protected Mode treats http://127.0.0.1:8089/ as insecure internet address with according restrictions, not as safe local address. You can circumvent the issue by the following measures:

(1) Use another browser (recommended :))

or

(2) Disable Enhanced Protected Mode (not recommended)

or

(3) Add http://127.0.0.1:8089/ to the trusted zone in the IE options:

or

(4) Create a browser bookmark with the equivalent address http://localhost:8089/ (which is accepted as safe) and use it to open the RS web interface, not the tray tool.

The next RS release will provide a tray tool (DVBVCtrl.exe) that uses the address given in (4) for opening the web interface.

• 1 month later...