Bugs

redhawk

I've been using the demo version 5.1.0 of DVBViewer to decide whether I shall go ahead and purchase the full version.

I've noticed a few problems with the demo, perhaps the full version they are fixed but I don't know.

I'm using a USB DVB-T/DAB/FM dongle RTL2832U / R820T with Windows XP.

- Some radio channels not playing at the correct speed (double pitch and skipping) I believe this is because the mp2 decoder doesn't handle mono audio content correctly (48k 96kbps mono), stereo content plays correctly.

- Video colour adjustment is not working - maybe limitation with demo version??

- Subtitles are rendered with wrong aspect ratio in windowed mode, subtitles are correct only in full screen mode.

Adjusting the window shape appear stretch the text but it doesn't sit correctly over the video content.

Richard S.

Edited by redhawk
Some radio channels not playing at the correct speed (double pitch and skipping) I believe this is because the mp2 decoder doesn't handle mono audio content correctly

Install / select a better audio decoder in the DirectX options that is not affected by this issue, e.g. LAV, ffdshow, AC3 Filter.

Video colour adjustment is not working - maybe limitation with demo version??

Maybe, dunno. It also depends on the selected video renderer. The VMR 7 / system default renderer doesn't provide colour adjustment. All others do if the graphics card provides according capabilities.

Subtitles are rendered with wrong aspect ratio in windowed mode, subtitles are correct only in full screen mode.

Which kind of subtitles? Teletext? DVB?

They are DVB subtitles via Settings, Subtitle, DVB: English

I've providing some screen shots to illustrate the problem.

Full screen mode - text appears correctly positioned with correct aspect ratio.

sub_2.jpg

Windowed mode - text is stretched and does not sit correctly over the video.

sub_1.jpg

Richard S.

Edited by redhawk
Windowed mode - text is stretched and does not sit correctly over the video.

Confirmed. The subtitles are adjusted to the window dimensions, not to the picture dimensions. However, usually you won't notice it. Try the Settings -> Aspect Ratio -> Best Width option that adjusts the window to the picture aspect ratio.