Channel update tcVideo tcPCR

bccrew

Hello,

I would like to know what this log means:

"Channel update tcVideo tcPCR"

Sometimes when I schedule a recording via the webinterface I get a 1kb ts file with this "error" in the log file:

10:26:53 / 0:00:00 (~ 0,00 MB) Start
10:26:53 Channel update tcVideo tcPCR
10:26:53 Channel update -> recording split
10:26:53 / 0:00:00 (~ 0,00 MB) Stop

Average Data Rate: 0,000 MB/s
Total Size: 0,0 MB (564 Bytes)
Removed Filler Data: 0,0 MB (0,0%)

It immediately starts recording to a second ts file but Mediainfo only states that Teletext has been captured. It produces a 200MB file for 1 hour recording so when I see the file I already know the recording failed.

It seems to be related to 1 specific channel with my dvb-c provider. The channel is scrambled btw..

I'm not sure but mostly some channel parameters have changed compared to your channel list.

The RS makes in this case a temporary channel update for the recording.

Try a update channel scan and make sure that the channel is only once in your channel list.

I see that the PCR ID had changed although I could still tune to the channel before I did the channel update.

Is there a way to do the Channel update scan automatically each x time?

Is there a way to do the Channel update scan automatically each x time?

No, the RS never changes the channel list.

If you tune the channel in the DVBViewer it will auto update small changes. And save them to the channel list.

But that only helps if RS and DVBViewer are on the same PC.

Tjod,

I still have a question.. Reading up on your replies:

I'm not sure but mostly some channel parameters have changed compared to your channel list.

The RS makes in this case a temporary channel update for the recording.

Try a update channel scan and make sure that the channel is only once in your channel list.

You say that the RS never updates the Channel List but the RS makes a temporary channel update because it detects changes in PID's.

But the recording is still failing..

Isn't this to be considered a bug?

I have a situation where I have a PVR with 3 dvb-c tuners in my server rack. I just use them to record channels to watch them later. I almost never watch Live TV.

1) Is it possible that a DVBViewer instance (connected as client to the RS) updates channel changes?

2) won't it be better if the RS can update the channel list?

Thanks,

The RS is only able to detect some changes. If to much is changed it is not possible to detect for sure if it is a new channel or a change to an existing channel. The autocorrelation is nothing you should relate on.

1) no only the DVBViewer in on the same PC (an the RS is only effected by that after the RS is restarted).

But you can update the channels.dat on a other PC and copy that in the configuration folder on the PC with the RS and restart the RS.

2) theoretical yes but that would need big changes in the RS. But there is currently nobody how cod make so big changes in the Project from Lars.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/52747-sad-news/

Hey Tjod,

I just found something, maybe it's useful..

I could write a script that opens DVBViewer at for example 16.00h each day.

I activate some daily timers in the DVBViewer "Timer Recordings" to tune to my favorite channels. Tune to channel 1 at 16.02h, tune to channel 2 at 16.04h, etc.

After that I kill DVBViewer process at 17.00h and end the script with a restart of the Recording Service.

Would this "workaround" be a solution?

2ytr7uo.png

Yes, of course. Only PID changes will probably be detected. I still need to to an update channel scan each week.

Can this be controlled via command line?

I see there is also something like internal tasks. Maybe there is a possibility to to an "update only" scan in the background via an internal task?

Do I hear "feature request"? :)