SiliconDust HDHomerun Prime

Pam

I am a current user of DVBViewer in the UK and have no problems with it at all.

I have a friend in Arizona, US who has a SiliconDust HDHomerun Prime to receive her Cox Digital Cable services and she is currently using Windows Media Player. I have access to her computer via Logmein or Teamviewer and would really like to try DVBViewer as an alternative.

I've installed it but it doesn't recognise the Homerun. Can someone please point me in the direction of a guide (in english) that will start me off? Once I can get the Homerun recognised, I am sure I'll be able to do the rest.

I've been looking for quite a while through the forums and followed a few likely links but so far, with no results.

TIA

Make sure using the current DVBViewer.

Check the firewall stings for the DVBViewer.

If there are BDA drivers installed. The card should apire if you kick on search in DVBViewer > Options > Hardware.

And maybe post a support.zip from the PC.

I am using the latest DVBViewer.

The firewall is off.

I have no idea what BDA drivers are but all the drivers for the Homerun are installed and working, should that include BDA drivers or should I look elsewhere for them? How do I find out if they are installed?

It isn't a card, it's a networked cable box.

When I search for hardware, nothing at all is found. WMC has no trouble seeing it.

If no-one knows what the initial problem is (I can't believe I'm the only one who has had this problem) I'll fill in the support zip and post it.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hello again - I'm back!

I got very frustrated trying to get DVB working with the Silicondust HDHomerun so I gave up for a bit and carried on using WMC (which I really REALLY hate).

I have now decided to have another go so have been going back over my notes and re-reading the threads.

I have downloaded the very latest version of DVBViewer (2.9.0) but it still does not even recognise the HDHomerun at all - it cannot see it in the Hardware settings and also it doesn't appear in Transedit.

There has to be something simple here as I have seen from other threads that other users CAN see it in the hardware settings so I must be doing something wrong.

Are there any users here that use the HDHomerun that can possibly help me get going? Is there a chat room I can join?

TIA