DVBViewer Recording Service goes offline when deleting a timer?

RiDER07

Hi there,

I have a major problem using DVBViewer Recording Service. When I have two(or more) timers active, and I try to delete one of them, it takes the Recording Service 'Offline' (white icon in the taskbar), so basically it stops all my recording and I missed my recordings. It takes few seconds to come back online, and starts recording again.

Hardware: I've tried with a TBS 6985, a QBOX S2 and a TBS 8920 and the same thing happens all the time.

Any help is appreciated,

Thank you

RiDER

support.zip

Edited by RiDER07

Rename the Plugis folder so that the recording service doesn't use plugins.

Does it happen without plugins?

If it happens only with two recordings mostly one in ...\DVBViewer\Plugins\Plugins2 has something to do with the problem.

It happens with or without plugins.

This happens (look at the bottom - dvbrecording service goes offline)

YrvT6A3.png

Rename the Plugis folder so that the recording service doesn't use plugins.

Does it happen without plugins?

If it happens only with two recordings mostly one in ...\DVBViewer\Plugins\Plugins2 has something to do with the problem.

I can't reproduce it here.

Are you sure that the RS is stopped? Maybe it only gets unresponsive for some seconds?

Try to provide a svcdebug.log that only contains the process of starting two recordings and stopping one of them, nothing else. Stop the RS, delete the svcdebug.log in the configuration folder and re-start the RS before the test begins.

Yes, RS stopped, and stopped recording my other timers as well.

I've attached the file.

Thank you.

I can't reproduce it here.

Are you sure that the RS is stopped? Maybe it only gets unresponsive for some seconds?

Try to provide a svcdebug.log that only contains the process of starting two recordings and stopping one of them, nothing else. Stop the RS, delete the svcdebug.log in the configuration folder and re-start the RS before the test begins.

svcdebug.log

Edited by RiDER07

You are right, it looks like the RS is terminated forcefully, maybe by Windows due to a hard crash, and re-started later. Unfortunately the log doesn't reveal why it happened. It seems to be related to releasing the DVB tuner used for recording. Maybe the Windows event logs know more about it.

I tried to reproduce the issue with a TBS QBOX CI, but it just worked as it should.

Tests that may help to pinpoint the issue:

- Does it also happen if both recordings use the same tuner (because both channels are located on the same transponder)?

- Does it also happen with unencrypted channels?

- Does it also happen if the recording stops automatically (as scheduled)?

- Does releasing a tuner (if two are used) cause trouble in other applications, e.g. in DVBViewer if it plays channel A, and you start recording it, then switch over to channel B located on another transponder and back?

Please note: According to your hardware.xml and svchardware.xml DVBViewer is not correctly configured for cooperating with the Recording Service. DVBViewer should not access DVB hardware directly, but only via the Recording Service by means of virtual network devices. Read more about it in the Wiki. (and stop any playback and recording before using the Recording Service Wizard because there is a bug that may cause trouble otherwise).

However, for comparative tests the "wrong" DVBViewer configuration is just what you need. Stop the Recording Service before looking into it.

You are right, it looks like the RS is terminated forcefully, maybe by Windows due to a hard crash, and re-started later.

RS can't be restarted after a "hard crash", without a full reboot inbetween the crash and restart, so I doubt that this problem is due to driver or hardware faulty here. Conflicting API's sounds more likely to me.

@RiDER07

Please follow Grigas advice under "please note" and post a new support.zip. RS debug log is not sufficient.

- Does it also happen if both recordings use the same tuner (because both channels are located on the same transponder)?

Yes it does happen.

- Does it also happen with unencrypted channels?

It happens with clear and encrypted channels.

- Does it also happen if the recording stops automatically (as scheduled)?

Yes, it does.

- Does releasing a tuner (if two are used) cause trouble in other applications, e.g. in DVBViewer if it plays channel A, and you start recording it, then switch over to channel B located on another transponder and back?

No it doesn't cause any troubles.

Lately it has been working fine, RS doesn't restart when I delete a timer. I uninstalled everything and installed them back, using RS 1.27 now though.

Thank you for your help, any problems I face in the future while deleting a timer I will post here.