How many TV tuners support RS1.28

Hello,

currently I have connect two usb TV tuners (one from Technisat and second from Technotrend both have dvbc+dvbt). I use only one for dvb-c and second one for dvb-t (second part is disabled to be sure which hw is used) to be able record at the same time. It is because I dont know how to configure timers and specify which tuner should be used for recording.

In the future I plan ad third TV tuner ;) Will be I able in future choose what hw should be used for recording concrete tv show ? Or is it possible even now and I just missed this possibility?

First two have CI modul third will not have it.

Edited by mch

Hello,

I've tried two MSI Digivox Diversity DVB-T Sticks, this makes 4 DVB-T Receiver, and a Technisat Skystar USB 2 (DVB-S Receiver without CI). I could record 5 transportstreams (or more channels transmitted in these transportstreams).

Many Greetings

Webturtle

And are you able specify which tuner record which tv show? Did you see in timers db ( in RS web interface ) what TV show will be recorded with wich tuner?

Edited by mch

Hello,

no! I'm not able to specify which tuner records which tv show. This is managed by DVBViewer automatically.

You can only programm the show from the channel transmitted via satelite or via dvb-t. In the channnel list or the EPG are two or more sections one for each satellite and for dvb-t. In my case one for astra and one for dvb-t. It depends on which channel you want to pick for recording. In the channel-list editor you can grouping channels (look http://de.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Senderlisten_Editor, sorry no english page in the wiki) and set in the hardware setting for each tuner one or more channel-groups (look http://de.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Optionen_Hardware).

With many greetings

Webturtle

Then I think it doesnt work on my configuration properly. As I mentioned I have two devices from different vendors. Both have tuner dvb-c+dvb-t. If I set timers on two TV shows (both running on dvb-c, not the same mux) RS show me one TV show in RED because they are covering. I guess it shouldnt show one in red and it should see there is another different dvb-c tuner available for recording second TV show at the same time. Right?

Hybrid devices may only have a single tuner. You can select DVB-C or DVB-T, but not both. I think DVBViewer only recognizes one type of modulation per device.

If a hybrid devices is detected correctly. The DVBViewer will show a tuner for each reception type.

But it will be marked in the hardware.xml as hybrid devices. An if one part of the hybrid devices is used. The other will be blocked as well.

I understand this. I know I cant use both part on one device at the same time. But I have TWO hybrid devices . First have dvbc+dvbt second have dvbc+dvbt2. My question is why I cant record on both physical devices at the same time using dvb-c...?

I understand this. I know I cant use both part on one device at the same time. But I have TWO hybrid devices . First have dvbc+dvbt second have dvbc+dvbt2. My question is why I cant record on both physical devices at the same time using dvb-c...?

I believe you answered your own question in the first post:

Hello,

currently I have connect two usb TV tuners (one from Technisat and second from Technotrend both have dvbc+dvbt). I use only one for dvb-c and second one for dvb-t (second part is disabled to be sure which hw is used) to be able record at the same time.

To be sure you understand me correctly...

I have tried leave both tuners (dvbc+dvbt) enabled on both device. But it still showed me in timers that TV shows are covering. And because I dont see any possibility to set what TV show will be recorded by what device (I prefer Technotrend because of newer/better driver support) I have disabled dvbt part on the first device and dvbc part on the second device. Now I am sure which part is used by which device. Or do i have any other option?

I plan add next dvbt only device. Id like to prefer this device be a "master" recording device for DVBT only. Is it this possible or will it be possible in future release of RS?

The "Master" device can be set in Options-Hardware as "Preferred". This should give precedence over "Normal" devices of the same type (DVB-T).

If a hybrid devices is detected correctly. The DVBViewer will show a tuner for each reception type.

But it will be marked in the hardware.xml as hybrid devices. An if one part of the hybrid devices is used. The other will be blocked as well.

Perhaps you could clarify whether the block is permanent or only active during use of the "other" device. Is the blocked device effectively set as "Do Not Use"?