RS goes into standby while streaming to client

QBox User

This rather annoying behaviour occurs when a recording ends with default action "standby", even though the "Block standby" box is checked under web streaming. DVBViewer Pro offers a warning on same machine, but a remote Android client just stops and I have to WoL then resume playback. Is there no way for an active stream to override the end-of-recording action?

Hi QBox User!

I also did notice strange things was going on with the RS API clientcount variable here: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/52798-webapi-clientcount-bug/

Did you check the status of RS /api/status.html to see if your androiddevice counts as a client?

There is no doubt changes has been done in the API that causes problems and I suppose our grandmaster of RS never got the chance to finish his intensions before passing away. I dont know if the new dev begin to find ones feet and dare to change around such crucial parts in a "mostly undocumented project with some 100.000 lines of code".

Edited by majstang

The app's own Status page shows 1 connected client, increasing to 2 when I stream a live TV channel. So the server knows the connections are active.