Getting the compro Videomate Remote to work

Dudley Heath

After getting the Compro VideoMate TV card to work I thought I would have a go at getting it's remote control to work.

There is an IR receiver that plugs into the VideoMate TV card.

I installed just the HID (Human Interface Device / Remote) software from the CD that came with the TV card. After running ComproRemote.exe that had just been installed, five new entries appeared in the Device Manager / Human Interface section. All five are shown as "Working Properly". Please see attached picture showing the devices in the Device Manager, the device name, the device Hardware IDs and the driver.

I have tried using the DVBViewer 'Settings / Options / Input / Input plugins' to get the compro remote to connect to DVBViewer. I have even tried to create ComproRemote.ini files with device included and adding ComproRemote to the Setup file, but ComproRemote does not appear in the Input Plugins list.

I have tried selecting the offered plugins (MCE2005, MCEIr, FireDTV Remots, etc.) but the remote link does not work / connect.

I have also attached a picture of the files installed by the Compro CD which includes the DLL files that were installed.

Not being a technical person myself, can anyone suggest a way to connect the Compro HID to the DVBViewer?

post-142890-0-39505500-1392208694_thumb.jpg

post-142890-0-67105900-1392208725_thumb.jpg

DVBViewer offers WinLirc as an option for remote connection, so I down loaded WinLIRC and tried to get that to work with the Compro DVB T100 card's remote.

There are two possible DLL that I found with Compro, ComproMEC.dll (32bit) and NXPMV64.dll. I have copied these into the WinLIRC\plugins directory, but WinLIRC does not recognise them. I have also tried to use the WinLIRC IRRecord.exe tool with both dll, but nothing happens.

I will keep on trying.

Thank you Gioxy

I had not found the Learn function.

Having tried it out, I have managed to get the Channel Up / Channel Down / Mute / Volume Up / Volume Down / Pause & Record buttons to work so far.

But I am curious as to why the Volume Up / Volume Down / Pause & Record settings show what has been learnt (chnnn) (please see attached JPEG), yet the Channel Up / Channel Down & Mute settings do not show anything new that it has learnt? So I did not know if what I was doing had registered with those last three buttons.

post-142890-0-57281500-1392650639_thumb.jpg

yet the Channel Up / Channel Down & Mute settings do not show anything new

...maybe the remote buttons generate are exactly the already assignate key; but in that case - at least in my config - when you try to reassign to a command the same key DVBViewer pop-up a confirmation request...

BTW: was the boundled remote sw active in learn time? If yes, it can have (sometime well hidden!) some more option for you to configure the keys generated by remote buttons...

:bye: