DVBViewer crashes shortly after loading

subminiature

Following a reboot DVBViewer crashes shortly after opening. I can manage to selected a different channel but all Satellite and HD channels on Freeview/Freesat crashes it.

Between working and following the reboot there have been no updates to any software.

I have another PC, with a similar Black Gold 3620 card. It has none of these problems. Freeview is feed from the same aerial but Freesat to each PC is from separate dishes.

Other than unexplained failure to record some programes (zero bytes) it has been working for several weeks (version 5.2.9). When tuning in, a number of channels are found that have no EPG data and no display. Perhaps if I change from Freesat to Freeview or the other way around and select the working channel it defaults to a lower channel number. It certainly did for Drama - the two options seemed to work to view but the first found channel failed to record without dropout so I deleted it from the Channel list.

The only crashes I have had in the past have been when opening with a channel not being broadcast at the time. It should default to "No Signal" or a blank screen, not crash.

This does not apply to the current problem as it crashes when selecting BBC One HD and BBC Two HD both have scheduled programmes.

No I re-install? Anything else to trace where the issue is?

• 2 weeks later...