Slow Startup / Slow first channel tune

db_no

DVBViewer starts slow.

If i disable Tune Last Channel on startup it start quick, but uses a long time to view the first channel (after selecting the first channel) After that channel switching is quick.

I have a Happauge HVR-4000 card

Attached is the support.zip

I use version 5.3 if DVBViewer.

I think this problem first occurd with version 5.0.

I have two Graphics card:

NVIDIA 9500GT and ATI HD 2400XT.

The NVIDIA card is the primary card - used for XBMC/movies.

ATI card is for extra screen - used for displaying photos.

try this:

1. update ati driver

2. In LAV filter, at hardware acceleration, set DXVA2 to COPY BACK instead of DXVA2 NATIVE.

In other codecs, like microsoft, arcsoft, cyberlink, because i cant set CopyBack in DXVA i get that black screen at every DVBViewer startup.

from my thread with same problem:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/54477-ati-driver-1312-dxva-problem/

I read about the DXVA2 option, and it looks like this is it, but...

I installed newest ATI driver 13.3 This is the newsest for My ATI HD2400 card - yes old.

I guess i need to install ATI controll panel to change the LAV filter settings - so i installed the ATO Controll Catalyst Center. (or something like that)

But when i try to start the ATI Controll center it is unable to do so because "There is no settings to change"....

Was i right when i asumed that i have to use the ATI controll center to change the LAV settings, or can i do it elsewhere?

I cannot change filter settings i DVBViewer because i use Microsoft buildtin codec, and this codec has no settings.

DVBViewer because i use Microsoft buildtin codec

in DVBViewer Options -> DirectX, you can change the Decoder, and you can directly edit the LAV settings by using the [...] button in DVBViewer options on the right side of the dropdown filter list.

but when you have install the LAV filter over a setup you can open the settings dialog from the Start Menu -> Programs -> LAV Filters