Video Playback Off

BuBBa295

Please, this function in the new v5.3.0 replace the "disable audio and video" of previous version ?

Because the audio of DVBViewer doesn't stop....

Edited by BuBBa295

It just disables video, as it says, no audio. Use "Playback off" for disabling video and audio. If playback is already switched off, the function will switch it on again.

"disable audio and video" is not really necessary, because you can use "Playback off" and "Mute".

It's the same.

But why you need to record, when you see nothing?

Timer and recordings that running already will start and work furthermore.

Thanks for answer hdv

If you are on a channel with ac3 audio, and bitstreaming to amplifier, mute, doesn't work....

Sometimes, to me, happen to want to see other or recording some transmission for friends or familiar...

In old DVBViewer disable audio and video worked perfectly for me

If you are on a channel with ac3 audio, and bitstreaming to amplifier, mute, doesn't work....

I can see the problem.

Disable AV is still available as action, so I thought assigning a key to it could be a solution for you. Unfortunately when testing it I found that Disable AV as action is broken in DVBViewer Pro 5.3.0. It doesn't work correctly.

Anyway, it will be looked after, and probably there will be a 5.3.x bugfix release sooner or later...

Thanks Griga

In fact, I was not sure to post here or in the bug reports section.

I hope this problem will be solved when possible.

Now i go back to the previous version that works perfectly.....as always!
  • 5 weeks later...
here Video Playback Off function works as before

It works as intended. The Disable Audio/Video action can be used in two ways:

(1) Go to Options -> TV/Radio -> Playback in minimized state and select "Stopped". This will let DVBViewer perform Disable Audio/Video when it is minimized and resume playback when it is restored (applies to TV/Radio and file playback with the DVBViewer Filter)

(2) Go to Options -> Input and assign a key to the Disable Audio/Video action by performing the following steps:

- Select a section where the Disable AV command shall be inserted

- Click Add and enter the name of the command (e.g. Disable AV)

- Click OK -> opens the Action Editor.

- Select "Disable AudioVideo" in the dropdown list (in the upper right corner) and click Add

- Click OK to insert the new command in the action list (at the end of the current section, maybe you have to scroll down a bit to see it).

- Make sure the new action is selected. Click "Learn On" to switch to learning mode.

- Now press the key resp. key combination that shall be assigned to the action, e.g. Ctrl + D. DVBViewer will add it below the action.

- Click OK to close the Options Window.

After that DVBViewer should perform Disable Audio/Video when you press Ctrl+D (the main window must have the input focus, of course). However, pressing it a second time does not resume playback. You need to perform "Play" in the Playback Menu or Control Bar.