recording service isomount daemon

Hi

I have a lot of ripped Blu-Ray movies as iso files.

It would be great if recording service could have the ability to run a daemon app such as isomount in the same way DVBViewer does.

The DLNA interface on my new Smart TV is so nice, i hardly ever fire up DVBViewer these days.

I have so far added the virtual drive isomount created as a media source, so part-way there.

Thanks

Tony

Did you try extracting the files from the ISO and access the resulting directory with your smart TV?

Hi

This iso is a rip with the menus and trailers removed, but still within the usual Blu Ray folders per disc.

This isnt an iso of an mkv or mpg file.

So my TV isnt clever enough to figure out what to do.

Even my networked Samsung BD player/streamer cannot handle iso files, as it doesnt recognise the stream as a disc substitute...

If the iso was mounted as a virtual disc and then visible through recording service, this should hopefully work?

Unless there are other things required to play a Blu Ray disc besides automatically mounting the iso to a virtual disc drive (codecs, etc)??

My request is for an easy solution that doesnt require any messing around with the backend DLNA server - just go through the regular DLNA Recording Service menus on the smart TV or smart BD player and play a ripped disc - just like playing a recording ts file....

Edited by xtonys

So what you are talking about is some kind of bluray player inside recording service. A simple auto mounter like in DVBViewer isn't sufficient because your TV doesn't recognize the bluray directory structure of a mounted ISO. Maybe your standalone Player supports this.

Another solution may be to create playlist files with all the relevant mpls files like some OSD skins do (i.e. blufuzz). Maybe your TV accepts playlists.