AC3, eng channels Freesat no sound?

subminiature

My hard drive is failing so I had to do a clean install on a replacement drive. 5.3.0 wouldn't complete a scan of channels and I had to force a shut down to get back control of the computer. It had been running this version for sometime on the previous installation.

The latest release 5.3.1 works okay, but on channels with the AC3,eng label in their name on Freeview I get no sound.

I had been using these AC3,eng channels as the NAR recorded channels gave no sound on playback via Media Player.

My other Blackgold card is still on 5.3.0 and running fine.

Thanks - downloaded and installed. No change.

Do I need to flag up something? I didn't need it before but my previous system may have had other codec installed already when I replaced the 4400 card with the Blackgold one.

Got it. Not sure what I did but I now get sound on both NAR and AC3,eng selections. I should be getting 5.1 (an option on the AC3 filter) but source is stereo and that is all that is playing.

Got it all now. I had set default sound to SRS Audiofusion for DivX play back instead of the Realtek Audio. But it is Realtek doing the 5.1, not AC3 Filter.