Pixelation and halting - not signal strenght problem

Whistler

I have create unfortune pixelation and halting. Been few years of last problem and as I cant figure out this thing myself, I'm here again.

System hasnt being changed really. One Hd been removed, but I dont think this is related to that.

I have install drivers, hopefully last good ones.

But... as I'm here, I need help.

Could someone be kind and guide me a bit.

Thank you in advance.

: Jari

support.zip

You have ffdshow decoders selected but the systeminfo.txt says that installation is broken ("File is missing"). The system may be trying to use a different one. Maybe you should re-install the decoders or select another one.

Switch to the "VideoB" decoder to check if there's any improvement.

Hi QBox User, thanks of your kind help for me.

I installed last set of ffdshow, tried different combinations of decoders, no help. No change either with Video A or B.

Viewer may crash all of a sudden and closes itself. AC3filter icon stays at taskbar ( next to clock ) till I move cursor over it, when it disappears.

What should I do next?

Thanks of your help for me.

Rgds, Jari

Ps. I tried to attach support.zip file, but its size is 489kb, so I edit it a bit, hopefully I didnt delete anything important.

support.zip

Your device driver is quite old - 1.1.0.101 of 16.10.2007. The TerraTec support site lists newer versions. However, this user decided to stick with the oldest version (for CI use, I think).

You say signal strength is not a problem, but your log shows a number of tuning errors. You can check source quality by viewing the DVB Source filter while tuned. Does a file play back OK?

Another user found a fix for a similar problem through a video driver update. If you search the forum using "Cinergy C PCI", you may find some more ideas.

Hi again QBox User, thank you of your help for me.

If I record now, it causes same pixelation and freezing. Old recordings how ever, works fine.

It must be something with my " TERRATEC CINERGY C PCI HD CI + " card. Or its from cable company's signal after all.

I can see signal level is good, 98%, even I add wideband amplifier to the line, nothing change.

I also see from source filter immediate discontinuities after I start it. Clock drift also starts showing drift immediately, even its rather small, within first minute some 5ms.

I attach capture of the window, as you see more from it than I do.

I dont think problem is my puter, as all works and passes tests fine, receiver card I really cant test, unless someone kindly tells me of tools/softwares to see more of the cable-tv signal.

I hesitate to do problem report to my cable operator ( Sonera), as they has a threat: if technician cant find problem of their systems, they charge 99.98€ from me. Thus this trouble shooting at the forum.

Thanks again of helping me with this problem.

: Jari

post-102954-0-10085500-1404554168_thumb.gif

I forgot to mention that I down grade the card driver, as I find someones solution for the problem. This down grading didnt help.

I have CI on my system as I have few pay channels in my interest.

I have kept drivers up to date, but havent find solution of this pixelation and freezing.

Last few days, DVBViewer has hickup, as after some minutes watching, it may shut down itself. No warning, no error, just wham and its gone. It starts normally at restart and may work long (or not), tho having those pixelations and freezes.

Regards, Jari