Total newby with some intial problems

THJ

Hello all. I installed demo version which sadly did not work for my needs. I have a M3U playlist file with URL that points to udpxy proxy. When I load it under Playlist and click on a channel I got a class not registered error but after a while he started with playback. The windows was small and if I tried to show it as full screen the window size stayed the same. But read elsewhere that this is a great application with also XMLTV support so I took the risk and ordered a licence. Still waiting for the download link but until I get it I wish to get prepared.

Any quick tips on where to start? Anyone else just wanted to use it as URL stream player?

Before you attack me. I did the search but it is all too confusing or it points to german topics which I do not understand.

Thank you!

Update. I received the key and downloaded full version (very fast). I also installed LAV filters and selected them for ALL possible codec under settings. Did a quick check and tried to open URL directly like so:

http://UDPXYProxy:PORT/udp/IP:PORT

And it starts with playback as fullscreen :). Now onto next problem solution. Streams have subtitles inside that can be enabled/disabled (works fine in VLC, ...). I can't find a way to enable it in DVBViewer Pro. Where do I need to look?

I also have a valid XMLTV file with EPG data. How to import it inside and link it to channels in M3U file? Do I even need a M3U playlist files? Can I manaully input all the channels with the direct URL for playback inside DVBViewer applications?

Sorry for all the newby questions.

Subtitles can be enabled in the rightclick menu somewhere. Not sure exactly where cuz im using an old DVBViewer version (didnt care much for the recent menu reconstruction the old one suits my needs better). Xmltv can be imported with xepg http://www.a123.dk

Not sure if pairing works with M3U file though.

I can see the Subtitles menu but it is grayed out. I tried DVBViewer GE where subtitles can be enabled and it correctly shows the language but it is not displayed after I enable it. I tried xepg and it parsed XMLTV file correctly. Sadly I can't pair it together with M3U playlist. Looks like buying this software was a mistake. Need to read if I can get a refund :(.