Scanning - In UK it only has Mendip?

markolarko

When DVBViewer installs and gets to the scan section I fail to fully understand how to get the TV Channels.

I live in Cornwall and my transmitter is Redruth. So how do I get the scanner to search my particular frequency?

Is there any help on this section of the software.

I have attached a support.zip as requested.

I dont understand what one has to enter in Target Root and Transponder?

Can anybody point me in the right direction? - Please?

support.zip

I don't live in your country, but i believe your signal is digital terestial, if i am right selection type should be Terestial, and in Target root you can write what you want. I use DVB-T xxxx, where xxxx is the actual date. In transponder list you select Terestial (EUR). Nothing else to change, just hit Scan range

You can try this.

Open terrestrial europe .ini file in the transponders folder with notepad or notepad++ and

change the settings to look like this.

[sATTYPE]

1=5000

2=UK: Redruth

[DVB]

0=6

1=634200,8,

2=658200,8,

3=682000,8,

4=690000,8,

5=714000,8,

6=722000,8,

Delete all other entries (Frequencies). Now save the file as UK: Redruth.ini and make sure it is saved in C:\Program Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\ Transponders folder.

Now when you scan in DVBViewer the UK: Redruth.ini should be in the list.

Also you can take a look here for any changed or added frequencies etc. (www.ukfreetv)

This is what i do and it works fine. (Windows 7). Don't forget to make sure you set the reception type to terrestrial in the scan window. You could call the target root FREEVIEW TV.

Edited by ak2010

I didn't now this was needed. Here in Denmark i can just do as i describe, and all channels found, no need to do any editing

We do have a UK ini file, but with the way the freeview frequencies are allocated, this ini file has a low increment set so's not it miss any, can take sometime to loop through all the possible frequencies to pick up the 3-8 frequencies of interest so quicker to take the DVB-T_UK_Mendip.ini and put your exact frequencies for your local transmitter in this to scan.

Thanks everyone for this advice. I have managed to sort this out now. As a matter of interest I have installed this software on two separate PCs. Each have different TV cards. When each has scanned it appears that one card picks up additional channels to the other card. One card is a BlackGold and the other pc has 2 cards... a TBS6284 Quad T2/T and a Happauge DT Dual DVB-T.

The different channels are BBC 1 and BBC 2 - Non HD Channels - The BlackGold BGT 3620 does not pick up these channels! Can anyone explain why this is?

Try copying the channels.bat and the channels.bak files from the PC with all the channels to the PC with the bgt3620 and see if you can pick up BBC1 and BBC2 that way.

Try copying the channels.bat and the channels.bak files from the PC with all the channels to the PC with the bgt3620 and see if you can pick up BBC1 and BBC2 that way.

Not channels.bat, but channels.dat

Well the good news is I did as advised by ak2010 - and created a Redruth ini file and rescanned and it all worked like a dream and found the missing programs. I will put my problem down to finger pokin trouble but I did try it a few times but the new ini file sorted the problem. Thanks to all who advised.