DVB Cards - Can you restrict which tuners DVBViewer can use?

markolarko

My HTPC has 6 tuners (4 + 2) and I would like to use both Windows Media Centre and DVBV simultaneously. Is it possible to restrict which tuners DVB Uses so there is no clash with Media Centre?

Thanks in advance!

You can select which tuner the DVBViewer uses (options > hardware > state).

But you have to do that as well in the Windows Media Centre. And I don't know if it is possible there.

Are you saying that DVBV only uses one tuner in total? Even if more are available to it? Or to put it another way I understand you record multiple programs simultaneously if they are on the same transponder? Is there a limit?

Thanks for the prompt reply?

Edited by markolarko

No, the DVBViewer uses as many tuner as needed (for main playback, pip and recordings) and available (state is not "Do not use").

But it is bad Idea to use more then one DVB programs on one PC.

If you are doing it anyway you have to tell every program exactly which tuner they are aloud to use and which not (so some TV cards are DVBViewer only and others TV cards are WMC only). And you are responsible that never two programs try to use the same tuner.

That is really helpful... The WMC program only allows 4 tuners so I have two spare which we can set up to record other long term series.

In Windows Media Centre there is the ability to record 'series' Is there anything similar to this on DVBV?

My HTPC has 6 tuners (4 + 2) and I would like to use both Windows Media Centre and DVBV simultaneously. Is it possible to restrict which tuners DVB Uses so there is no clash with Media Centre?

Thanks in advance!

DVBViewer allows to deactivate any tuner -> hardware -> status -> don't use

The question is, can WMC do the same :rolleyes:

In Windows Media Centre there is the ability to record 'series' Is there anything similar to this on DVBV?

No, not with DVBV! You have to use the Recording Service to get that feature.