Clone EPG from one channel to another

bccrew

Hi people,

I have a system with mixed dvb-s and dvb-c tuners. The EPG coming from the cable only contains only information 2 days ahead while the satellite provides me with almost a full week of EPG data.

Some of the channels are available in HD on cable and only in SD on the satellite. So it would be nice to record them from cable because of the higher bitrate. Only problem is that I cannot program that much days ahead.

Can I automate that EPG from certain channels is cloned onto an other on a daily basis?

Have a look at EPGCollector - http://sourceforge.net/projects/epgcollector/ . I seem to remember you can effectively copy one channel's EPG to another's using the Timeshift tab and setting the offset to zero hours. You can then set the prog to directly import it's data into DVBViewer recording service. Alternatively, if you are UK based there is a way to get the full seven days from dvb-c directly using EPGCollector - search all frequencies (using Transedit) until you find the one broadcasting a data channel called "PVR_EPG". Then set EPGCollector to scan that frequency but with a custom PID of 2BC - that should give you seven days of EPG.

Edited by renzz