Unknow problem with RS 1.30.1

jirim100

Good day,

at this last night RS don't stop planned recordings (with durations about 2 hours) and today morning I had to restart computer (because RS still recorded). After restart PC icon of RS was still in red color - in web interface was showed recording EPG but in list of tuners - no tuner was used (?). See pictures below. I had to manually restart RS.

The problem probably started with a timer that would start exactly at 21:10:00, why started at 21:10:31 - that is 31 seconds later? Why recording started 21:11:21 - that is 1 minute and 21 seconds later?:

15.11.14 21:10:31.444 TBDADevice Opendevice bvUnknown
15.11.14 21:10:31.444 TRecording AllocateHardware AF9015 BDA Filter 4 (4)
15.11.14 21:10:31.444 TRecording StartRecording AF9015 BDA Filter 4 (4)
15.11.14 21:10:31.444 TBDADevice SetTuner TType: 2, Freq: 506000, Symrate: 0, LOF: 0, Tone: 0, Pol: 2, DiseqC: 3, FEC: 0, APID: 1138, VPID: 1137, PMT: 1136, SID: 15001, SatMod: 0, DiseqCVal: 0, NID: 8395, Flags: 24
15.11.14 21:11:21.448 TRecording StartRecording: Telka
15.11.14 21:11:21.544 TRecordingEngine AddReference TRecording: 4

After restart PC icon of RS was still in red color - in web interface was showed recording EPG but in list of tuners - no tuner was used (?). See pictures below. I had to manually restart RS.

I have no idea about why you are experiencing troubles with recordings starting too late. Regarding the recording you saw after restart is probably the Start EPG Update task RS have, which can be launched with an internal task timer if you did set that up. RS does show after recording tasks(processtimer), internal task timers and other processtimers as recordings, despite me nagging the devs about the drawbacks having it working this way. These timers have nothing to do with actual recordings (recordingtimers), but are counting up the recordcount value in the RS API anyway, letting you mistakenly think an actual recording is going. Your Start EPG task is set to run for 30 minutes. Perhaps you did set an internal task timer with that task long ago and have forgotten about it?

Edited by majstang

I have no idea about why you are experiencing troubles with recordings starting too late. Regarding the recording you saw after restart is probably the Start EPG Update task RS have, which can be launched with an internal task timer if you did set that up. RS does show after recording tasks(processtimer), internal task timers and other processtimers as recordings, despite me nagging the devs about the drawbacks having it working this way. These timers have nothing to do with actual recordings (recordingtimers), but are counting up the recordcount value in the RS API anyway, letting you mistakenly think an actual recording is going. Your Start EPG task is set to run for 30 minutes. Perhaps you did set an internal task timer with that task long ago and have forgotten about it?

Yes, this is true, after restart PC start EPG Update - I know about it and I did not forget on it. But the problem is why NO tuner was used during this time in web interface (see picture with state of RS). And, of course, the next problem is that the EPG update timer start delayed after restart PC. It was planned start at 7:00 today morning, but not start at this time because RS was in an unstable state, which began probably about 15.11.14 21:10:00.

Edited by jirim100