RS Service crashing (DVBservice.exe)

bccrew

Hello,

I encountered a crash of the recording service last night. I have seen these crashes before in previous versions of the RS but this is the first time I'm posting my logs.

The crash occurs at 18/11/2014 22:18hrs

I'm recording a program with the recording service and at a given time the service just restarts itself. I have no clue why this is happening. After the restart the recording just continues and creates a secondary TS file.

These kinds of errors appear in the event viewer.

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 00408B45 in Modul 'DVBVservice.exe'. Lesen von Adresse 371E46FC

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 00415449 in Modul 'DVBVservice.exe'. Schreiben von Adresse 00000000

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 0050285C in Modul 'DVBVservice.exe'. Lesen von Adresse E496B358

These crashes appear from time to time. I have exported my Event Viewer logs in case anyone wants to check which error codes are written when reading from/writing to dvbservice.exe

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48828456/export-event-viewer.zip

Below the support.zip is also attached.

Thanks for looking into this! :D

crash1.png

crash2.png

crash3.png

support.zip

Edited by bccrew

I really can't tell as I'm using a plugin to watch encrypted channels... (my own card) I know you guys don't support plugins but I'm just wondering if there is a way to really debug this so I can blame it on that plugin :)

I don't see any events written in the event viewer that are pointing to the plugin

It should be either a memory leak in the RS, a driver issue or the plugin...

I just want to be sure :)

Edited by bccrew
  • 2 weeks later...

So these events don't seem serious enough for a further investigation? If there is something I can do more to debug these crashed I would like to hear it :)

So these events don't seem serious enough for a further investigation?

Only if it occurs with FTA channels and without certain plugins. That's the policy..

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Few days ago I had a crash on an FTA channel. I have been running the RS service for a while now without plugins.

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 0050285C in Modul 'DVBVservice.exe'. Lesen von Adresse 86A1AEED

I noticed that 90% of all crashes are related to "Adresse 0050285C"

What is the mean reason of these crashes?

Sometimes the debug log throws an errorline like this:

09.01.15 15:20:37.011 TDVBWebserver Server exception EAccessViolation: Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 00408B45 in Modul 'DVBVservice.exe'. Lesen von Adresse B8206CA3

But not always...

I really can't tell as I'm using a plugin to watch encrypted channels...

Remove such plug-ins before reporting any problems here.

And only with here if it happens without plu-ins.