Reload EPG data when it initially fails

hostalp

Hello,

it seems EPG data are read (from broadcasting) only once after the startup. If that fails for some reason (it happens to me occassionally) then there's no chance to recover from that unless I restart DVBViewer.

Could you handle such cases better?

And perhaps add an option to manually invoke reloading the EPG data from the channel or something like that?

Well, it doesn't seem to be fully like that. Example which happens to me occassionally (today already 2 times):

1. Launch DVBViewer

2. View EPG window

3. One channel at the current transponder doesn't show any data, all others do show the data alright.

4. Switch to channel at another transponder

5. Switch back to the 1st transponder

6. View EPG window

7. No difference, EPG data still missing for that one channel

But if I relaunch the whole DVBViewer then it's able to refresh the data and finally show them for that missing channel.

Similarly it happens when switching to another transponder, example:

1. Start DVBViewer

2. View EPG window

3. All data for all channels are there (for other than current transponders they're load from local store)

4. Switch to channel at another transponder

5. View EPG window

6. EPG data for one channel on this newly switched transponder disappeared

And again I'm unable to recover from that (by switching to another transponder and back or so) - only relaunching DVBViewer helps.

Edited by hostalp