Can not use all DVB-T tuners simultaneously for recording

fpabernard

Hello

I'm new to DVBViewer Pro.

I used to have a HTPC with 1 Cinergy HT PCI and 1 Cinergy 2400i DT with Terratec Home Cinema (THC). With this configuration including 3 DVB-T tuners I could record simultaneously 4 programs (2 of them were using the same mux)

Unfortunately, my Cinergy HT PC stopped working and I found another 2400i DT. But THC could not manage both cards.

So I switched to DVBViewer Pro. But there is another problem : with my 2 cards counting 4 tuners, I can only record 2 programs. If I try to watch TV another channels, I have the message "No hardware available" (or something like that, the message is in French).

Is this a bad configuration or a limitation of DVB VBiewer ?

Find the support.zip file attached.

Best regards,

F.Bernard

support.zip

You are using the same Hardware in DVBViewer and Recording Service. If you don't Need it. you should uninstall the Recording Service.

Otherwise you have to set up 4 virtual devices for the DVBViewer. This can be done with the Recording Service Wizard in Help menu.

Otherwise you have to set up 4 virtual devices for the DVBViewer.

Not quite true ;) The virtual devices are not used for recording but to watch programmes in the DVBViewer. 2 virtual devices allow you to watch PIP

..but you are are right. The configuration is wrong. Please read -> wiki

Sorry, I do not understand what's wrong ... some concepts are not clever for me ...

A few things :

- in the Recording Service Wizard, two identical services are listed, at 127.0.0.1:8089 - right ?

- download channel list on start is greyed : right ?

- why are there two DVB Network devices ?

- Should the local DVB be disabled (the box is checked) ?

I attached a new support.zip

In the log, I unserstand that, on start, Recording Service sees the 4 devices, but at the beginning of the four recordings, it can not allocate devices 3 and 4 ...

support.zip

... I did all the possible switches ...

.. you know what ... in fact I bought two new 2400i ... none of them are working ... alone orwith the old one ... whatever the cable I use ... whetever the motherboard slot I use ...

Only the old card is working

In fact the same problem than Terratec Home Cinema ...

Rather tricky really !

Driver problem with newer hardware version ?

The driver is very old (2008) ...