Streaming stops randomly every few minutes

fitzy89

I'm experiencing a strange issue where the stream goes blocky and sound becomes distorted for a few seconds, then stops completely. This seems very intermittent and sometimes I can watch the stream for half an hour before it happens, other times it will do it repeatedly within seconds or minutes of starting the stream. I cannot find any pattern to when it happens or any way I can trigger it to happen. The symptoms are exactly like if it had a weak signal but the signal strength and quality is good and I have tried it on several satellite dishes and locations (we have moved house several times in the last year and it has happened at each house where we have used it, this rules out alignment and connection issues to the dish.

I have attached the support.zip file as instructed. The most recent times this will have happened is between 20:30 and 21:30 GMT where it was happening repeatedly every 3 minutes or so on all channels, I'm not sure what to look for in the logs so hopefully you can help pinpoint which parts of the log.

Recording service is running on the following specs.

Intel DQ45EK, BIOS version CBQ4510H.86A.0133.2011.0810.1010

Intel Core2Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz

512MB DDR2 RAM

Windows XP Professional as a virtual machine on VMWare ESXI 5.5, PCIe tuner configured as pass-through device

Pinnacle 7010ix PCIe 2x DVB-T/2, 2x DVB-S/2 (only DVB-S/2 inputs are being used), driver version 1.0.4.1

XP was only chosen for low resource requirements because it's running as a virtual machine purely for TV streaming, if it requires a more recent OS I can upgrade it to Windows 7. I will be upgrading the CPU to a quad core Q6600 soon and if more RAM is needed I can allocate up to 2GB but from looking at the current usage I don't think that's the issue.

I get this issue when streaming to XBMC running on OpenElec (x86 version and Raspberry Pi version), and the Android DVBViewer Controller app (on Sony Xperia Z2 phone). All systems are connected by gigabit ethernet (except the Android phone which is on wifi N).

If you need any more information to diagnose the issue or could point me towards a solution I would be very greatful

support.zip

I should add that this does not happen with other software such as MediaPortal or Argus TV which work fine on the same system.

Could anyone shed some light on this please?

• 1 month later...

Due to lack of acceptable support I've had to decide that my money spent on this product was wasted as I cannot use it.

I've found a free alternative that works. I wish I had known this before I purchased DVBViewer.