Channel working with DVBViewer PRO, not working with RS

Dakkar

Hello,

I have a very strange problem. I tried to solve it in any way but couldn't find a solution.

I have a channel (DTT scrambled) which is perfectly working using the main application (DVBViewer PRO) but which is not working when using DVBViewer RS.

I tested it in the 2 scenarios on the same machine: if I select in the Hardware tab the real DTT Device everything works fine, if I try to use the RS Device it doesn't. I basically get blank screen.

It is strange because any other channel (scrambled or not, SD or HD) is working properly.

What can I do???

I tried to look at the log files, but I couldn't find anything.

I guess some more information would be needed to address the problem, please ask and I will provide any information.

Thank you!
Dakkar

I have the exact same problem. I suspect that the unscrambling plugin cannot be used during the use of the RS, probably it has to do with privileges and the way RS windows services interact.

I would like to know a solution also.

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Rename the Plugins folder in the DVBViewer folder to Pluginsoff.

Such the neither DVBViewer nor RS is using any plugins.

And the test without plug-ins if you have any difference between DVBViewer and RS. And all channel should work via CI and CAM.

Sorry, but I am sure that the problem is not connected with the plugins since any other scrambled channel is working also with RS and only this channel is working with DVBViewer and not with RS...

If I remove the plugins in both cases the channel would result as scrambled, not showing any difference in the 2 scenarios...

Even if I have a regular subscription to my pay tv, unfortunately I don't have any CI/CAM to test with at the moment.

Do you really think the problem is connected with plugins? I am pretty sure it is not...

Dakkar

If you us a CI and CAN the data is decrypted before it reaches the RS/DVBViewer.

Furthermore DVBViewer and Recoding Service using the same code to communicate with the hardware. And both sharing the channel list. So there is no reason for a different behaviour.

Before posting any problems here in the forum. Remove the plug-ins and only post if you can reproduce it without plug-ins.