Bug in DVBViewerPRO with SAT>IP server with scan

userip

Hi,

I'm a registered user of DVBViewerPro. I found a bug in the DVBViewerPro

- This is the behaviour with the free "SatIP DVBViewer" Lite Edition version 1.0.15:

* Select Options

* Go to Scanner

* Select Expert

* Select the correct Transporder List corresponding to your Source

* Select ANY Frequency (same transponder in End Frequency)

* Select Scan Frequency

Then the spected behaviour is: the transponder is scanned (PAT, PMT and SDT go green) and N programs found.

- Now repeat with last version of DVBViewerPro v5.3.2.0:

* Select TV/Radio + Channel Scan

* Select your Trnaspoder List

* Select ANY Frequency (same transponder in End Frequency)

* Select Scan Frequency

Then the behavious is: regardless of the selected frequency the tunning always fail (PAT only yellow, then red). No programs found.

The Current Device is the correct RTSP Network Device. However, if you select "Scan Range" the first transponder fails, but then the scanning process continues and you found the channels.

So the bug is related to scan one frequency.

I hope developers fixes this in next version.

Regards.

Edited by userip

I can't reproduce the problem here with the RS as Sat>IP server.

Which Sat>IP server are you using?

Start the DVBViewer in Debug Mode: start menu > programs > DVBViewer > Support > DVBViewer (Debug Mode) and reproduce your steps and then post a support.zip

I can't reproduce the problem here with the RS as Sat>IP server.

Which Sat>IP server are you using?

Start the DVBViewer in Debug Mode: start menu > programs > DVBViewer > Support > DVBViewer (Debug Mode) and reproduce your steps and then post a support.zip

My SAT>IP server is a Mirage CX receiver.

I reproduce the steps with DVBViewer (in Debug Mode). Two support.zip created with supporttool.exe: one with the error (scanning only one channel [ch:5 Astra 19.2]) and the other without error (scanning range [ch:1 to ch:9 Astra 19.2]).

support_scan_onefreq.zip

support-scan-range.zip

However, logs are complete useless... only contains "TRTSPNetworkStream SetTuner TType: 1, ..." no more info!

If you don't enable full log of SAT>IP protocol (RTSP,RTP and RTCP) debuging is impossible.

I repeat that with SAT>IP DVBViewer Lite this bug isn't present! Only in DVBViewer Pro 5.3.2.0 !!!

The problem is reproduceble with my server all the times.

Edited by userip

Please try to reproduce the scanning issue with TransEdit 4.0.8 Beta (download from the customer area, beta section, read the included ReadMe). Please refer to the TransEdit manual for more information. Note that several advanced TransEdit Beta features are not mentioned in the manual yet. You have to read the change logs beginning here, sorry... search for Sat>IP or RTSP.

TransEdit is more suitable for pinpointing such issues. If it doesn't work as it should I can upload a test version with extensive Sat>IP logging.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just for closing this thread: In TransEdit 4.1 Beta this problem is fixed.

I hope next version of DVBViewer Pro will include the fix. :)