Current SAT>IP bugs in DVBViewer

userip

Hi,

I like to list here (I apologize for opening a new thread) the current bugs related to SAT>IP protocol in the last version of DVBViewer Pro (& Recording Service):

1) In the scanning process, regardless of the SAT>IP server used (sat, terrestrial, software, hardware...) the FIRST frequency in a range never works. The code is wrong with the first tunning (next frequencies are working as expected).

2) When you uncheck "DVB-T2" with a SAT>IP DVB-T tuner, the option isn't saved. When you return to the config window, the "DVB-T2" is another time checked.

3) When you select "prefered" over "normal" for a SAT>IP device, then the device used for scanning is the one marked as "normal" not the one marked as "preferred". This applies to devices using the same "Channel Groups" so it's a bug.

4) The signal strength of devices that don't use the RTCP Announcement method (values of signal in RTP UDP+1) but uses the DESCRIBE method (parameter "a=" in the response) is not indicated in the status bar of the DVBViewer (signal always 0% but you receive the correct channel). This is a semibug because the standard references two methods for receive the signal values.

5) The Recording Service ins't including the MANDATORY parameter <satip:X_SATIPCAP> in description.xml. Without this is imposible that several clients (like Elgato Android App) can use the RS as SAT>IP server.

I feel is time for another release... you agree? :lbounce:

• Like 1

1) there is a other topic where you haven't answered the last question http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/55890-bug-in-dvbviewerpro-with-satip-server-with-scan/?p=420855

Everything about this problem should stay in the fist topic.

2) confirmed

3) the preferred tuner is used first, if it is free and the DVBViewer needs a new device.

So it is mostly used for main window. Only if you select Playback > Playback off bevor the channel scan it will be used for it.

I don't see a problem here.

4) if you ask me the signal strength indicator shroud be removed form the DVBViewer completely.

No need to spend any time there..

5) there has been no RS version since that: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/55629-satip-enhancements/?p=417957 no need for a new topic about this.

If you have one thing in on topic, everything about this problem should go in this topic. Start a new topic only for new problem which are not related to old problem from you.

1) there is a other topic where you haven't answered the last question http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/55890-bug-in-dvbviewerpro-with-satip-server-with-scan/?p=420855

Everything about this problem should stay in the fist topic.

2) confirmed

3) the preferred tuner is used first, if it is free and the DVBViewer needs a new device.

So it is mostly used for main window. Only if you select Playback > Playback off bevor the channel scan it will be used for it.

I don't see a problem here.

4) if you ask me the signal strength indicator shroud be removed form the DVBViewer completely.

No need to spend any time there..

5) there has been no RS version since that: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/55629-satip-enhancements/?p=417957 no need for a new topic about this.

If you have one thing in on topic, everything about this problem should go in this topic. Start a new topic only for new problem which are not related to old problem from you.

Hi, Thank you for response! It's great to have a good support from developers to customers. :D

Related to the commented issues:

1) I downloaded and installed TransEdit 3.9.6. I don't know how to reproduce this bug using it! In Settings/Hardware is IMPOSSIBLE to select any SAT>IP servers (my DVB-T server, my DVB-S2 server or my instance of RS). So, please, do the check with DVBViewer as the bug is real: Try to manual scan using a SAT>IP server (disable any other devices) and select a range with first frequency to a transponder with valid channels, and the last frequency with other transponder with valid cannels. If you try to scan the FIRST frequency don't found channels. THIS IS A REAL BUG!

2) OK.

3) Yes. I check that if I STOP the play, then the scanning process is using the "preferred" device. Thank you for the response! I don't noted this before. However, I feel is good to stop playing before try to scan (or ask te user for this). Also, I suggest to inform in the status bar of the DVBViewer which SAT>IP server (or device) is used for tunning... like in the scanning Window.

4) Why you will remove the Signal Strength indicator? This is a must have in the status bar! Like the used device! Please, don't do that! :mad:

5) OK. I'll wait for a new release.

Sorry if this post don't be in line with guide lines! I write it because I feel (I hope I'm wrong) that no one is working in fixing SAT>IP bugs/errors.

appreciate your efforts! :original:

4) The Signal Strength is only useful if you compare if for one card with one driver version.

A different card or a different driver version can result in a different value.

There is no definition what 100% signal strength is. So each driver developer can choose a value freely.

So 40 % from one driver are maybe 110% for a other driver.

And many people don't realize that the value shown is nearly worthless, without a information from the hardware developer at which value the card can't receive channels any more. (you can only see when you move the antenna if it gets better or worse, and that with a delay of some seconds)

Mostly signal to noise ratio and signal quality are far more important but there is no good way to receive this information from the driver.

In my opinion it would be better, to display the signal strength only in TransEdit Analyser. If you really need it you can cha it there but ordinary users don't get confused by it.

If you like to no if you have reception problems check DVB Source > Discontinuities or TransEdit > Analyser > Missing.

1) Nobody was talking about TransEdit 3.x

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/55890-bug-in-dvbviewerpro-with-satip-server-with-scan/?p=420855

and here is the wrong topic for that.

Hi Tjod,

Thank you for the response! I don't check about "beta". Then I downloaded the last TransEdit beta 4.1 (released yesterday), and... GREAT! It's working really good! No bug found: After configure the SAT>IP server I can do "Scan Selected" for only one channel, and also Analyze. It's working like a charm! :)

Now I'm in direction to check DVBViewer GE instead of the Pro version. I feel it can be more up-to-date than the other.

Just one comment: Can be feasible that the RS will support soon the new "TS Stream Device" included in TransEdit 4.1? It will be very interesting to "export" it using the SAT>IP Server included in RS.

4) The Signal Strength is only useful if you compare if for one card with one driver version.

A different card or a different driver version can result in a different value.

There is no definition what 100% signal strength is. So each driver developer can choose a value freely.

Hi,

I'm not aware about these problems. However, I feel is very useful to maintain the signal strength in the statusbar. The reason is: any level different of 0 says that the device has detected some signal. If you show black or choppy video, then you like to know if the signal is strong. If value is near 0 or it haves strong variations, then you can conclude that the problem is the level of signal. The real value is not relevant.

Moreover, you are thinking about HIDE statatusbar for non-advanced users. Typical user don't need the statusbar, but advanced users (me included) really need the statusbar... and with all info: signal strength, source server, bitrate, % lost pakects, audio/video codec, etc. Please, don't remove functionality... only add functions for users. I'm convinced that the way is include the hide option of the statusbar.

I hope you appreciate my suggestion. :)

Edited by userip
Can be feasible that the RS will support soon the new "TS Stream Device" included in TransEdit 4.1?

Plans are to integrate it in DVBViewer Pro, which means, necessarily also in the RS, because they share the channel list, so the RS needs to understand this type of entry.

However, it will take some time.

Plans are to integrate it in DVBViewer Pro, which means, necessarily also in the RS, because they share the channel list, so the RS needs to understand this type of entry.

However, it will take some time.

Great! Good news!

Just one question: And this "TS Stream Device" will be shared through the SAT>IP protocol? It well be a great function! :)

And this "TS Stream Device" will be shared through the SAT>IP protocol? It well be a great function!

Maybe as a proprietary thing between RS and DVBViewer. Dunno yet... the whole thing will also cover internet radio, as implemented in DVBViewer GE. It internally wraps MP3 and AAC audio streams in a transport stream, so the rest oft the program can process it like a DVB radio stream, including metadata as EPG.