DVBViewer Pro V5.1.0 Demo under Windows 8.1 - Video Filter error

paddym

Newly downloaded and installed DVBV 5.1.0 under Windows 8.1, as better alternative to TotalMedia supplied with ClimaxDigital USB dongle.

During installation software advised me to update DirectX, which I did and took 30 minutes. Goggling afterwards Windows 8.1 comes installed with most recent DirectX, which can only be installed via update.

Able to find terrestrial (terrestric) channels, but only audio plays, no video, error message "Cannot render Mediafile/Output Pin, error 0x80040218 No combination of filters could be found to render the stream".

Still able to play live TV through TotalMedia.

Have tried to change filters through Settings/Options, but all listed are Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder. If I click on the ellipses button (...) I see "This Codec does not have a property page". I'm worrried about making too many changes, all advice welcome...support.zip

The program looks great, PayPal at the ready, but I want more than a soundtrack!

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Paddy in Wales

Error message 0x8070005 was because I wasn't running as adminstrator. Have now done that with all three batch install files, success message about DLLRegisterServer for each.

Settings > Options > DirectX only offers me Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoder or System Default against MPEG2, H264 and VC1. No LAV option anywhere on audio or video. The ellipses button against each shows "Codec does not have a property page".

Still no video,only audio,

Problem solved: I downloaded and installed FFDshow decoders: although my decoders are still set to Microsoft DTV-DVD I now get TV video!

But thanks for your advice and help, I couldn't have solved this without your input.

Now for PayPal... :original:

Paddy in Wales