Continuing EPG issues

Piers

I previously made a post about the EPG in XBMC/Kodi here. However, I've only just noticed that the same problem is within the main DVBViewer application.

Do I have a option disabled/enabled that is causing this?

This is a screenshot from UK DVB-T2 Freeview HD - ITV HD - Shaun of The Dead. As I'm sure you can see, instead of showing the plot the other information is displayed. This is the EXACT same behaviour as XBMC/Kodi - to me that says the issue is either:

1) My settings

2) The way DVBViewer reads EPG data from UK DVB-T2

3) An issue with DVBViewer in general (unlikely).

0163cc56a5535046.png

Can anyone please shed some light on this issue? It's rather annoying.

Edit: added support.zip

support.zip

Edited by Piers

Video, Audio and Subs are not the interesting part. No need to record them.

ETI contains the EPG and is the interesting part. And context menu > Select Main SI PIDs should select all interesting streams ;)

Are there no other PIDs on this transponder?

let me try again

While I'm doing that, here's another screenshot showing the information is working, but not in the right place.

8d183267dcedef93.jpg

Edited by Piers

Video, Audio and Subs are not the interesting part. No need to record them.

ETI contains the EPG and is the interesting part. And context menu > Select Main SI PIDs should select all interesting streams ;)

Are there no other PIDs on this transponder?

Are you able to tell me what you need from this list?

07c5e65b5f81a8ca.jpg

I've taken a look at this thread: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/34822-non-ansi-chars-in-epg-channelnames/ as I think you're trying to check whether or not the data is in the correct area and if it's readable.

It is readable and in the correct area, but as you can see from the file I uploaded, the output looks like this:

: en:áÀdû™ÄBø ä#xj»Z—ÊH / en:N÷Q¥•Ñ9.6õo¢îoÓ³%æ÷3öo3+€´fmmœ©]“ÒETžž›ºrZåv¨°Hêâ³€ / children's/youth programmes / / 00:05:00 /

Yes the last recording is that what I was looking for.

The long text is in the EventDescription, German TV stations are using the Extended Event Text for that.

I don't know if Griga can change something there without causing problems in other situations.

That explains it. I'm going to guess this is an issue for all UK DVB-T2 users. An option within DVBViewer under EPG for 'UK Freeview HD' would be nice, if possible, to allow a different area to be used.

I'm more than happy to test out any build he may be able to offer. This also appears to explain why the Kodi add-on displays the same information. On Kodi I need to change from Plot to PlotOutline in order to get the correct information - but that's editing skin files.

Since this is the way UK DVB-T2 works, and this will affect nearly all UK DVB-T2 users, a separate build or option in set-up would be the best way forward. It's the one big problem I have with DVBViewer - apart from that it's absolutely perfect for my needs.

If there is a change in the OSD, this will not affect the EPG provided by the RS via its API.

Ah, that's annoying. Surely the problem is the assumption that DVB-T2 is handled the same way in the UK as it is in Germany?

If there is no fix, what do you suggest using in the API to get the correct result?

I've read the API documentation and looked through the xml provided by it - I've also looked at the Kodi add-on source. I've replied on the other thread.