Video Stream Scrambled/Jittery on HD DVB-S2

Addersnake_35

Hey Guys,

Firstly may I just say great programs and great work building the Software you have! I am a little bit of a newbie, but not to the IT Engineering/Consultancy and Electronics world - having built computers and advanced electronics for over 25 years in my own business.

Having said that I am looking for advice on a problem I have when trying to view any HD Channel (I am in the UK) on DVBViewer on the Host PC. Basic fact is, it is so jittery, it is almost scrambled. I know it is a codec problem as on any other Laptop or Tablet I stream my Satelitte Feed too (sorry I am running a TBS 6925 PCIe DVB-S2 Card - I will run my full specs below) it is absolutely fine.

Specs of my machine are: -

ASUS ROG Maximus GENE V Motherboard (latest BIOS)

Intel Core i7 3770K, 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz Ram

4250Gb Hard disks and SSD's total (2 x 2Tb Seagates and 1 x 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD)

875w Thermaltake Modular PSU

Corsair Water Cooled CPU H80

Sapphire ATi Radeon R9 270X Dual with BOOST (Latest ATi Software 14.12 and drivers installed)

MS Windows 8.1 (I know not the best but hey ho)

TBS 6925 PCIe DVB-S2 Professional Satelitte Card (Signals all fine, Satellite dish all okay and tested LNB's)

So any ideas? I can upload any information or pictures - but I'm a bit stumped, I am thinking it is Video Codes of some sort - but would like some advice please....

Yours,

Dan Addlington-Lee

Thanks a lot I shall get all this info downloaded and let you know.

LAV is a good choice. Pls. attach a support zip.

I have tried LAV but to no avail, but I will try it all again, as I said any advice or info would be appreciated so this is....

What is under Settings > Filters > DVB Source by Discontinuities and "Last Error" shown?

As above I will have a look and update this accordingly.

Thanks a lot! :-)

Here is a Screen Grab of a program (BBC One HD AC3) being shown and a very jittery video - as you can see Discontinuities runs anywhere from 0 - 36+ also I have set (before I opened up this topic) everything to run through LAV Video. I shall upload any other info as requested, any advice would be appreciated....

25fk000.jpg

TBS 6925 PCIe DVB-S2 Professional Satelitte Card (Signals all fine, Satellite dish all okay and tested LNB's)

I had this card before. It was replaced 2x cos of a broken DVB-S2 demodulator. When it happened again I took the USB version 5925 instead and had no problems since.

You can test it with Transedit. If DVB-S transponders are ok and only DVB-S2 transmissions show a lot of missing packets in the analyser, you should ask for replacement or refund.

• Like 1

You can test it with Transedit. If DVB-S transponders are ok and only DVB-S2 transmissions show a lot of missing packets in the analyser, you should ask for replacement or refund.

Hi, @Derrick,

How to be tested with Transedit ?

You can describe in detail ? Please.

Testing right now. I will post results, thank you for the advice - I didn't consider that at all......

I had this card before. It was replaced 2x cos of a broken DVB-S2 demodulator. When it happened again I took the USB version 5925 instead and had no problems since.

Yeah as you quiet rightly suggested looks like the card is at fault. Such a shame, got it for a real good price too - hey ho back to the drawing board. So you say you use the USB Versions? Are they better in your opinion then the PCI/PCIe Cards?

Many thanks.