Broken DXVA with LAV filters 0.65

XinHong

Hi DVBViewer devs,

I can not have DXVA working with the new 0.65 release of LAV filters. The author made a fix for the next build but according to him there is a modification to do on DVBViewer/DVBSource to avoid this problem.

This will be fixed in an upcoming build. I do however urge the developers of TS source filters to scan the H264 stream for SPS/PPS and export that in the media type, so that decoders know right away what kind of video they are to expect, and these problems can be avoided entirely.

Link to the doom9 thread

Edited by XinHong

I'm currently discussing this issue with Nevcariel.

First of all: The broken LAV 0.65 DXVA support in combination with the DVBViewer Sourcefilter was not intended by Nevcariel - it's more or less a bug and will be fixed by him.

Secondly, there are special TV playback conditions differing from file playback. What Nevcariel wants the developers of TS source filters to do could be handled in the DVBViewer Filter, but it would entail drawbacks for TV playback, e. g. probably a noticeable longer channel switching time. So we first have to find out how ends can meet...

• Like 1