TT CT2-4400 and (encrypted) DVB-T2 in TransEdit doesn't work

(follow-up to http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/55534-ci-mit-dvb-t2-aber-wie/)

TransEdit 4.1

DVBViewer 5.3.2

TechnoTrend CT2-4400v2 (DVB-T/DVB-T2/DVB-C), driver 4.3.0.0

In TransEdit, I can scan a DVB-T-frequency and get all the information shown in the TS Analyzer.

Scanning a DVB-T2-frequency (SimpliTV) comes up empty.

For example:

DVB-T 490MHz:

post-125142-0-33174800-1431594465_thumb.png

DVB-T2 498MHz:

post-125142-0-07922500-1431594500_thumb.png

At least reception-wise there shouldn't be a problem, I guess.

Here's the hardware.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<settings>

<section name="@device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_0b48&pid_3014#20131128#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\{f31bcf3b-9623-4937-8228-bd895ba00b01}">

<entry name="UseHardwareFilter">1</entry>

<entry name="StopStream">1</entry>

<entry name="DVBS2">1</entry>

<entry name="useMSNP">1</entry>

<entry name="Name">TT-TVStick CT2_4400v2 DVB-T/T2 Tuner (1)</entry>

<entry name="TunerType">2</entry>

<entry name="Status">1</entry>

<entry name="InstID">TT-TVStick CT2_4400v2 DVB-T/T2 Tuner 0</entry>

<entry name="DeviceNr">1</entry>

<entry name="Vendor">32</entry>

<entry name="Priority">2</entry>

<entry name="Tag">0</entry>

<entry name="DeviceType">1</entry>

<entry name="Groups">255</entry>

<entry name="Retune">5</entry>

<entry name="SkipComponents">0</entry>

</section>

</settings>

If you test with TransEdit it is more interesting how TransEdit detects the card.

>> it is a bad idea to only post some files and not a entire support.zip

At least the DVBViewer seams to detect the card correct as DVBSky (Vendor = 32)

You could try if changing the transponder Lite / Substream ID settings helps.

If you test with TransEdit it is more interesting how TransEdit detects the card.

>> it is a bad idea to only post some files and not a entire support.zip

At least the DVBViewer seams to detect the card correct as DVBSky (Vendor = 32)

DVB-C and -T are working, just not -T2.

You could try if changing the transponder Lite / Substream ID settings helps.

Makes no difference.

support.zip

Edited by hurda7

You current configuration can cause problems you have the RS installed but the DVBViewer is not configured to use it.

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Service_Installation_Guide#Setting_up_DVBViewer

(and you can use a RTSP device in TransEdit as well)

But for a test let the DVBViewer handle the hardware and stop the RS.

Star the DVBViewer via start menu > DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode) an try a channel scan with you transponder list from TransEdit.

And post the configuration folder\DVBViewer.log here

I'm not using RS. It's installed, but completely disabled and unused.

Before I could scan with DVBViewer, I had to switch off channel-retuning, otherwise the lack of reception would send it into a freeze-unfreeze-loop until I force-unplugged the stick.

Reading the log shows, that it was trying to tune the last shown channel (DVB-C), which of course doesn't work when it's connected to an antenna. :(

And when I was able to scan, it came up empty, too.

DVBViewer.log

I tested the stick in Linux, and it's just the same. DVB-T works, T2 doesn't.

So either my stick has a problem, or the DVB-T2-muxes here require the CI-module even for receiving the mux-data.

Thanks to no unencrypted T2-mux being available, I can't test for either option. :(

I think they're referring to problems when watching a channel, but I don't even reach that stage.

I've read a few reports of successful SimpliTV-reception with TT CT2-4650s (basically 4400v1 with a CI-slot) and the SimpliTV-CI-module.

I checked my stick, and it's a 4400v2. Maybe it's just different enough to not support how DVB-T2 is aired here.

Well, Layer-8-error confirmed.

I thought I had used different Substream-IDs, but I guess I forget to hit "Apply" before "Analyze".

I retried with Substream-ID 1, and now I can get the TS-info.

Crisis averted. Thanks!

EDIT: Scanning the Transponder List in DVBViewer doesn't result in found channels, though.

Edited by hurda7
I retried with Substream-ID 1, and now I can get the TS-info.

Thanks for your investigations.

It's quite unusual to start with 1 (instead of 0). Nevertheless the TransEdit Scanner should be able to auto-detect it by using the according DVBSky driver capabilities. Did you try to scan such a transponder?

Unfortunately I had / have no opportunity to test it. So I had to rely on the feedback from the DVBSky staff. They checked it with a test generator and confirmed that everything is ok, but who really knows about about SimpliTV oddities...

Thanks for your investigations.

It's quite unusual to start with 1 (instead of 0). Nevertheless the TransEdit Scanner should be able to auto-detect it by using the according DVBSky driver capabilities. Did you try to scan such a transponder?

If you mean hitting "Scan Selected" instead of "Analyze", I just tried that.

Without SubstreamID being set, the scan doesn't show anything.

EDIT:

I noticed an oddity: When doing the scan with Substream-ID set, the moment the channels are being found, the Substream-ID-checkbox is unchecked, the ID-number-box(?) disappears and the frequency-field in the Transponder-list changes from e.g. "490 #1" to "490".

Every subsequent scan without Substream-ID set is successful, even if closing and reopening TransEdit.

Only after unplugging the stick and plugging it in again the scan fails without setting the ID.

I have a screenrecording of this if it would help you.

Edited by hurda7

Another note: As channel-scanning wasn't working in Linux either (Ubuntu 15.04, Linux 3.19), I guess it could be possible that the newer demodulator (Si2168-B40) in the 4400v2 still has some issues with PLP driver-wise compared to the older one (Si2168-A30) used in the TT CT2-4400v1 (aka DVBSky T330) and DVBSky T680C or Si2168-A20 as used in TT CT2-4650 CI.

The DVBSky driver is supposed to provide a list of all PLP IDs that are available on a frequency. However, it doesn't seem to work in this case. Dunno why. Maybe because it expects the first one to be zero?

When doing the scan with Substream-ID set, the moment the channels are being found, the Substream-ID-checkbox is unchecked, the ID-number-box(?) disappears and the frequency-field in the Transponder-list changes from e.g. "490 #1" to "490".

If I remember it correctly the TransEdit UI only exposes substream IDs if there is more than one. Otherwise there is no need to distinguish streams. Anyway, as soon as I find time I will check the code again in order to make sure the SimpliTV difficulties are no TransEdit issue.