Change Audio in Preview mode of TransEdit

userip

Hi,

I'm a customer doing some testing using the last version of TransEdit: 4.1.0.0

The preview Window is very useful. Also it includes the option to enable/change the Subtitles stream, but Why not the AUDIO stream? At time, with <D> key I can open the "DVB Source" propierties and check the Audio PID connected, but I can't change it.

Please, can you add a simple mode for changing the audio PID?

I prefer a simple key to rotate over the list of pids, if it's possible.

Thank you!

Assuming TransEdit 4.1 beta: Simply select the desired audio stream in the scanner or analyzer window and click the preview button again. Depending on "Settings -> General -> Open in a new window if possible" you will get another preview window with the same video, but different audio stream, or the already opened window will change to the selected audio stream.

Assuming TransEdit 4.1 beta: Simply select the desired audio stream in the scanner or analyzer window and click the preview button again.

Thank you!

This is that I'm already doing (with TE 4.1 beta). But this isn't an audio change (pid selection), because it implies to restart all (the graph, the tuner, etc.) I can't understand why the subtitles is available, and the simple change of audio pid ins't.

I feel the reason for lack functionality is because no one was think on it (as the TransEdit is a "testing" tool). But, I really like to have this function, and I think it's trivial to add.

Please, can you add it for next beta 2?

Thank you!

Edited by userip

Hi Derrick,

Thank you for the response. However, as I undertand the TransEdit tool is using the DVBViewer filter core for the preview window. Also, this tool is implementing "key" handle in the preview window for Enable/Disable Subtitles. Then is VERY EASY to add another key for change audio, as the API of the DVBViewer filter includes the function to change to next audio stream.

Futhermore, I feel that as customer I can request some new functionality. And when it's clear that is easy to implement it, then it's logic that developers add it to the TODO list. In my opinion this request is simple and interesting. What you think?

Regards.

You have bought the DVBViewer Pro and the right to get future DVBViewer Pro updates if there are any.

You have not bought the right to make feature request. This forum section is called "Suggestions & Ideas" that means you are welcome to to write your suggestions or ideas here.

But the developers are free to decide if they implement a features and if so how and when.

And don't expect any pre announcements or a schedule.

And don't expect to get every desensitise explained.

Exponentiations take time and this limits the time available for development.

But the developers are free to decide if they implement a features and if so how and when.

Hi Tjod,

Thank you for the response, and sorry if I do something incorrectly!

Regards!

Edited by userip
Maybe fixed preview radio on Eutelsat 9 East ?

Sorry, no audio format in the PMT, no Preview.

Then is VERY EASY to add another key for change audio, as the API of the DVBViewer filter includes the function to change to next audio stream.

You are completely wrong. As Derrick already mentioned: Sorry, no, I will not make another TV application out of TransEdit. It would be a waste of time and resources that we don't have. :) Please use DVBViewer if you want a convenient way to change the audio track.

• 2 weeks later...

You are completely wrong. As Derrick already mentioned: Sorry, no, I will not make another TV application out of TransEdit. It would be a waste of time and resources that we don't have. :) Please use DVBViewer if you want a convenient way to change the audio track.

Sorry! I feel that TransEdit is using the same filters/rendering that DVBViewer... for this reason I was thinking that is just two lines of code (get the key, and send the message).

If not, so don't worry. I can accept it!

However I can't understand why you included Substitles in the preview... hard work to include it and completly useless, no?

Regards.