EPG issue

Hello,

recording service doesn't send EPG data with all other additional data

UGtbo2u.png?1

Teletext, and DVB Subtitles are sent and it work but EPG doesn't. If you can make it as a option along with all other data it would work.

You have that option for EPG in NetStream plugin

lGcrd6b.png?1

I think you can add it here in UPnP so it could be more comfortable for us.

Regards!

Edited by My5elf

Which UPnP client is able to extract EPG data from a ts stream?

If you are using VLC player use the RTSP streaming instead. There you have EPG in the cured RS version.

Which UPnP client is able to extract EPG data from a ts stream?

Ask that your colleagues from NetStream plugin, I'm using VLC but also there's no EPG in RSTP streaming, don't make me to post more screenshots :)

Edited by My5elf

That the out dated NetStream plugin had a option is no argument to add it to the RS as well. And as fare as I know there is no EPG in the UPnP/DLAN specifications.

If you have problems with the RTSP streaming and the EPG in VLC player please post a support.zip

I don't know but I think it's possible , I saw that option work in ProgDVB's server module, and in recording service you can parse EIT and enable it same as TXT , Subtitle and Audio streams

Pleas describe you problem (what are you doing and what is happening) with the RTSP straming to the VLC Player post a support.zip

I don't see why you can't use RTSP streaming instead of UPnP streaming.

(I get EPG in the VLC player if I use RTSP streamin from the RS)

There's no that option in latest version.

When I open that chanel from network there's no EPG and I have to set recording parameters manually if I want to record something. Also in that network address, I have to run from network to watch the channels, it's clearly ended as .ts which means Transport Stream so it's possible to send EPG I'm 100% sure. If you analyze TS on DVBViewer server you would find EIT parametar that should be send along with all other additional streams(subtitles, teletext..) and in relation with channel's SID it determine which EPG goes to which channel. It's very simple to do, more likely it's somehow forgoten to be added, and I'm expecting that it be implemented in new version becasue it's imoprant issue, and you sould be more appreciative because I'm sending you feedback to improve this plugin nothing else.

Maybe is the best way to explain that issue using NetStream Plugin

It finds, parse and send all pids

S9swBU2.png?1

In my case EIT pid is 18 other pids (768, 769, 770... ) are either video, audio or teletext pids from TV channel.

In Recording Service you didn't parse that PID nor send it in .ts link that recording service gives to me.

KzOEJqo.jpg

It's obviously forgotten because you have that EIT and EPG is shown on servers recordnig service, but there's no EPG on client's side. Looks to me that recording service didn't gather that EIT in 0.ts that I have to open as client (in my case http://ServerIP:port/upnp/channelstream/0.ts )

It's such an shame that , as you said outdated, and abandoned, small plugin has that important option and other big, fancy, hype plugin doesn't!

Edited by My5elf

Why you making 'nuclear science' of it, ? Just tell your developers to add that EIT pid in UPnP .ts address along with other things, for goodness' sake.

You have that EIT pid in everywhere in Recoring Service, just don't have it in UPnP

wUC3x7Z.jpg

Edited by My5elf

UPnP ist experimental and has to be taken as it is. You still can add the support.zip. If not I assume you don't want further support and will close this topic.

No function will be added because it exists in other products or in other parts of the software or because you say it should be added.

If you like to have a new/changed functionality you need to describe wherefore you need the functionality. Then we can look if you can archive the same thing with existing functions. And only if you can then explain convincingly why it is not possible (with existing functions) and which clients would benefit from this change.

Only then there is a change that something is added/changed.

So you should start fixing you RTSP/VLC problem.

OK do whatever you want, but basically you shooting yourself in the foot. If it's so difficult to your developers to do that then it's very sad and their knowledge is at least questionable, but I don't think so cause I know people who would fix that in 15-30 minutes at most.

I know people who would fix that in 15-30 minutes at most.

They should be able to program a RS replacement for you in 2-3 days so you don't need the RS any more o:)

So the problem is solved.

Topic closed because you aren't interested in a real solution of you problem.

And only investigation which UPnP clients must be blacklisted for EPG in the uPnPProfilesV2.xml would take a lot more time then you estimation. And that would be a small part of the change. You don't get the implications a change hast in a complex program like the RS which is use in many different constellations.