Nicely done!

majstang

Congrats on a very worked through RS release :D I can't wait getting home and try it out. Judging from the changelog I think it has potential to solve all my issues (not many) I had with previous versions. Thanks Griga and nuts (which I think has helped with the API stuff) :original:

• 2 weeks later...

Hahahah 1.50.0 than :D

EDIT:

Today I was watching 8Mbit HD Channel via Kodi Jarvis on my local network. At he same time 3 of my friends was watching the transcoded version of the same channel via WAN. Zero drops, highly reliable. This one is really good.

Edited by denethor
  • 3 weeks later...

FYI: The members area has 2 entries for the recording service. The entry under "main applications" is still the older version 1.30.1 whereas version 1.31.0 can be found in the "beta section".

FANTASTIC :D The api/status2.html is so much better than I anticipated. Great work guys. 5 years of waiting is finally over... ;) Scripting the RS is now like a dream. I could easily scrap half of the code in my script among other things detecting ongoing recordings, calculating time to next process timer and calculating time to next recording timer and so on, which the status2.html now takes care of accurately on the second :) Im not longer forced to parse RS config files to retrieve data and it's a joy to be abled to use the now working streamclientcount value and the fact process and internal task timers now has their own variable and is not interferring with recording timer count (according to my tests anyway).

Hope these very appreciated API improvements continues now when you guys are on a roll and have so successfully pulled this off. Im specifically hoping for a complete solution on the not very thought through id=[RecId] parameter for the "recordings.html" API. More about that here:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/37211-recording-service-api/?p=390498

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/37211-recording-service-api/?p=390576

EDIT: I came to think of how nice it would be if Video/Audio compression info could be added to a single recording in the recordingsdatabase and being abled to retrieve that info directly via the API, only by using RecId and a Video/Audio compression parameter.

Regards

majstang

Edited by majstang

FYI: The members area has 2 entries for the recording service. The entry under "main applications" is still the older version 1.30.1 whereas version 1.31.0 can be found in the "beta section".

Thanks for the hint. Christian has corrected it.