TV Stopped playing

e123enitan

My TV stopped playing I tried restart my PC several times hoping this wil resolved the issue, yet nothing happen,

attached is log file pls let me know what to do.

Thanks attachicon.gifsupport.zip

Please! can someone help with the issue, I can sees to play TV anymore, I have unstalled and reinstalled DVBViewer three tihree times and rescan channels, no channel works. I have ran out of ideas, just banging my head against the wall doing same thing over again with no results.

Appreciate if someone could point in the directions to follow.

DVBViewer Pro and the Recording Service are not configured correctly for cooperating with each other. Only the Recording Service must access the hardware directly. DVBViewer must access it indirectly with virtual network devices making it a RS client, so the hardware management is solely up to the Recording Service.

Try Help Menu -> Recording Service Wizard. It will guide you through. Or read more about it here.

DVBViewer Pro and the Recording Service are not configured correctly for cooperating with each other. Only the Recording Service must access the hardware directly. DVBViewer must access it indirectly with virtual network devices making it a RS client, so the hardware management is solely up to the Recording Service.

Try Help Menu -> Recording Service Wizard. It will guide you through. Or read more about it here.

Thanks for your response-There is no Recording Installed, so how could there be a conflict of reconfiguration.

After my post, I went out, I came back then launched DVBViewer then the Tv start working, I switch to several channels with no issue, then closed and relaunched, then it stopped working again

The first log taken was whiles TV works, second log is taken when it stopped working, where in the log reside the issue? I am new to this program so I am not sure how to interpret the log file. I appreciate if you could point me to which folder or settings which have caused the issue.

Thanks again for your help

support1.zip

support2.zip

There is no Recording Installed, so how could there be a conflict of reconfiguration.

From the support.zip -> SystemInfo.txt in your first post:

DVBVservice Version: 1.30.1.0 (beta)

Both hardware configuration files (hardware.xml for DVBViewer and svchardware.xml for the Recording Service) contain the four TBS tuners. Hence the Recording Service was installed. However, regarding your last support.zips, it has been removed in the meantime.

Try the following: Go to the Start Menu -> All Programs -> DVBViewer -> Support -> DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode). Launch DVBViewer from there and try to reproduce the issue. After that the DVBViewer.log will contain much more information. Then post another support.zip or the zipped DVBViewer.log from the configuration folder.

From the support.zip -> SystemInfo.txt in your first post:

Both hardware configuration files (hardware.xml for DVBViewer and svchardware.xml for the Recording Service) contain the four TBS tuners. Hence the Recording Service was installed. However, regarding your last support.zips, it has been removed in the meantime.

Try the following: Go to the Start Menu -> All Programs -> DVBViewer -> Support -> DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode). Launch DVBViewer from there and try to reproduce the issue. After that the DVBViewer.log will contain much more information. Then post another support.zip or the zipped DVBViewer.log from the configuration folder.

Thank here is a new log

support3.zip

The log doesn't report any error inside DVBViewer, so it looks like the TBS driver doesn't deliver data, for whatever reason.

Tuning is performed with DiSEqC = Pos B / Opt B. Ist there a particular reason for this? Does your outdoor equipment contain DiSEqC aware components?

Are the other tuners in the same way affected? Provided their antenna inputs are connected: Disable the first tuner in the hardware options by setting its status to "do not use". This will let DVBViewer use the second tuner etc.

The log doesn't report any error inside DVBViewer, so it looks like the TBS driver doesn't deliver data, for whatever reason.

Tuning is performed with DiSEqC = Pos B / Opt B. Ist there a particular reason for this? Does your outdoor equipment contain DiSEqC aware components?

Are the other tuners in the same way affected? Provided their antenna inputs are connected: Disable the first tuner in the hardware options by setting its status to "do not use". This will let DVBViewer use the second tuner etc.

Out of the four tuners only tuner A is current hooked to satellite dish, the other three are redundant as I have not get to this stage, waiting to at least have one tuner working perfectly before extending to others, that being said.

To the Diseqc, my DreamLink box is hooked to 110,119, 129 & 97w, so yes I have Diseqc and Pos B/Opt B is set to use port 4 where 97w Galaxy 19 is located.

As you suggested, I will marked tuner as "as do use", reconnect the cable to tuner B and see what happen.

Thanks again .

To the Diseqc, my DreamLink box is hooked to 110,119, 129 & 97w, so yes I have Diseqc and Pos B/Opt B is set to use port 4 where 97w Galaxy 19 is located.

Maybe DiSEqC doesn't work reliably. There is a tweak that lets DVBViewer send the DiSEqC command x times:

(1) Open the configuration folder (see DVBViewer -> Help Menu).

(2) Close DVBViewer

(3) Open the file hardware.xml in the configuration folder with a text editor (Notepad). Search the line

<entry name="DiSEqCCount">1</entry>

in the section belonging to the used tuner and increase the value from 1 to 2 or even 3.

(4) Save the change, re-launch DVBViewer and try... I hope it helps.

• Like 1

Maybe DiSEqC doesn't work reliably. There is a tweak that lets DVBViewer send the DiSEqC command x times:

(1) Open the configuration folder (see DVBViewer -> Help Menu).

(2) Close DVBViewer

(3) Open the file hardware.xml in the configuration folder with a text editor (Notepad). Search the line

<entry name="DiSEqCCount">1</entry>

in the section belonging to the used tuner and increase the value from 1 to 2 or even 3.

(4) Save the change, re-launch DVBViewer and try... I hope it helps.

Hi Most appreciated, in the attached found 4 lines with DiSEqCCount">1</entry", I am not sure if I should change all the fours or which line to change?

I am almost give up, till I saw your post again, thank for kepping me going on, I am sure eventually the issue will be indentify and resolved.

hardware.xml

in the attached found 4 lines with DiSEqCCount">1</entry", I am not sure if I should change all the fours or which line to change?

For each tuner there is a corresponding section starting with <section name=...> and ending with </section>. In between the settings for this tuner are stored as <entry name=...>....</entry> They only affect the corresponding tuner, not the other ones.

So there is one DiSEqCCount entry for each tuner. If you are using the first tuner, change the line in the first section.

• Like 1

For each tuner there is a corresponding section starting with <section name=...> and ending with </section>. In between the settings for this tuner are stored as <entry name=...>....</entry> They only affect the corresponding tuner, not the other ones.

So there is one DiSEqCCount entry for each tuner. If you are using the first tuner, change the line in the first section.

Got U, I will resumed this when I get home and keep U posted.

Cheers!

Got U, I will resumed this when I get home and keep U posted.

Cheers!

:lbounce:

Waoooo the change works like GEM, extremely appreciative, so impressed how fast the channels tunes, very snappy. I think I am good to implement the server, hope things goes well.

Cheers!